Tuesday, May 31, 2022

 So.  The empty trailer didn't show up until 4:00 pm.  The customer in Mexico attempted to state that the trailer had already shown up an hour earlier.  Yeah - no. I took a pic of the tractor still under the trailer and about to pull out from under it.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it : )  Actually, it wasn't the dude in Mexico, it was the people at the yard I was at making up these lies.  

Does it matter? To me? No.  To my dispatcher? She's on a warpath with these people. She needs to calm her @$$ down. They are our best customer and starting s*** with them is not how you keep a customer happy.  The people at the yard need to be a bit more forthcoming, yes.  I didn't know we had rented out the front line - of which there was absolutely no room, whatsoever, for any of our trailers.  So, they need to rectify that. If they are going to charge for its use, it damn well better be available.  

The front line is exactly what it sounds like it means. It's a row with a concrete landing for loaded trailers near the front of the property.  It's the easiest to get trailers in and out.  The back portion is much more difficult and these local drivers make it look easy. Yes, because they are backing in much shorter trailers and they are driving daycabs, much shorter trucks that make it far easier to back into tight spaces.  

Anyway, I drove until 2:30 am.  I had to stop for almost 45 minutes, take a nap which turned into deep sleep - good thing I set the alarm or I would have been there for the night lol.  But, I just couldn't keep awake, the nap was necessary.  Of course, there was some noise at 8 am this morning - after getting to bed just before 4:00 am - I know.  I know....I should just stay in the truck at the yard when I get back that late or I should go get a hotel. Either or, I get a decent night's/day's worth of sleep.  

I don't feel bad right now tho.  I'm about to leave to go get the 4 wheeler and get it back to the shop. I need that thing fully functional.  This is a need, not just a desire.  I've been looking for used 4 wheelers, but the prices are ridiculous.  I'm not spending 3 grand on a 22 year old machine, thanks but no thanks.  

Lots of things whirling around in my head, but I'm in no hurry atm to get into contracts excepting, possibly, a portable building.  I'd really like to get one out there and get that thing built. It's just a shell with a roof, windows and a door. The interior has to be completely finished and that might take a minute.  It's now that I wish I would have kept that electrical panel with all the accoutrements. That bugger is going to cost a fortune now.  Anyway, I may stop by one of the lots today after dropping off the 4 wheeler if I feel like it.

Which I probably won't, lol, but who knows.  

Well, the day isn't getting any younger and it's just getting hotter out there.

G'day.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...