Saturday, October 1, 2022

 Well I didn't get much done today.  Went to Lowe's got the signs and string to put the signs up and looked at stone pavers for the steps.  Those pavers are still cheap, actually, compared to everything else on the planet anyway. I wasn't going to go that route because I assumed the prices of those things would have gone up astronomically just like everything else.

For example, a 25-pound bag of rye (winter) grass for $40?  Goodness gracious!  If the price is like that everywhere, that'll grind my ambitions of planting grass on all of that acreage to a complete and total halt.  Spread it very thing and hope it takes?  I can do it for the lots, that's all I can say. The rest of it? I doubt it. Rye grass isn't permanent, it's just winter grass that burns out and disappears after the heat of summer starts settling in. 

Then your summer grass comes back to life. Well, there is no summer grass. I take that back, there are pockets of area where there is natural grass growing.  Oh how I wish that grass could cover the entire land!  I doubt this setback will stop me from doing the dozer work. It will rid ground of weeds and more importantly, level the ground. At least it will be able to be bush-hogged if nothing else.  

These are things I have no answers for.  Bush hogging? How, with what money?  Thousands of dollars worth of grass seed?  Yeah, I guess, but I'd only spend that on SUMMER grass; not on temporary winter grass. I can see buying maybe 10 bags of it for the lots and the doggy park. The rest - will have nothing I guess and it is what it is.  Or maybe, just covered the entire area from east to west side where the lots are and maybe 20-30 feet beyond it and call it good.  I ain't doing 7 acres for that much money, no thanks. 

Anything to do with the office is completely on hold as well.  If there are funds available when everything is else done, then great.  I will have to have electricity run to it, but that's it.  I may see about running it myself before they hook up power to those meters.  The septic company hooked a small, underground wire up to it for the septic system, doesn't seem to be any reason why I couldn't run a line to the office as well.  I'm just looking for power to run wifi equipment and that's it for now.  

I had totally forgotten about that until I started thinking about this post and what is on hold and what is priority.  Even doing it myself, it will costs thousands of dollars to put in flooring, drywall, plumbing, etc in that office.  I just can't justify that at the moment.  It can be a storage building for now.  I'd really like to put in a washer and dryer.  A grand or more for a set and then have to run sewer and water to the setup plus 220 volt. RV's don't run on 220 volt so I don't even know if that's available out of those meters? I haven't opened up the panels and taken a look at it yet.  

Far greater priorities, beyond the gravel and electricity? The books!  Accounting, legaleze, setting up online registration. I've selected a host for that, the website guru can add it to the website.  

Well whatever.  I don't call this day a total wash, I got some stuff done I just was out of it. There are nights where I don't sleep well and I feel it the next day.  If I was still driving, I'd just go and drive through it. Now? I force myself out of bed and get out and do stuff and then, come home and take a nap.  

Enough.



No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...