Tuesday, October 18, 2022

 Pretty seamless and easy job to install the "noodle" insulation around the pipes.  Much longer to spray out a gallon of weed killer with root killer in it.  I'm attempting to kill all the weeds that have grown on the pads before any gravel is laid.  I need a couple more gallons of that stuff.

Didn't get around to the post holes because I felt compelled to get those pipes insulated.  I don't know how hard the ground will be tomorrow after a 29 degree temperature night, but I assume after the sun comes up and starts warming things up, it won't be an issue for the machine to get it done, if I do, indeed, get around to doing that tomorrow.  

The insurance agent asked a bunch of questions, I answered all of them. I had already read in the rv park owners group on facebook that a person that has no experience managing an rv park may find it difficult to get insured.  I'm guessing it's just going to be expensive to start with.  I'm not ok with that but I have little choice in the matter. It's another reason I want to keep the number of amenities to a minimum to start with.  The more risk, the less likely I will be able to get insured. 

Would I open the park without insurance? Let's just say I don't even want to have to face that prospect.  I will contact as many insurance agencies as I have to get some kind of liability insurance on the property . Without it? I could be sued and literally lose everything if someone trips, falls on the trails and determines I should be held liable.  Or whatever - lots of potential scenarios.  

Of course, the power company was yet another no show today. How surprising.  

I'm working this thing down to the point of having little or nothing left to do but - open the park.  

I didn't finish the rules yet.  Working on it.  Lots of different rules parks have, I'm just attempting to figure out what I really want for rules.  

Facebook posted a memory for me to view, it was me walking the dogs on the freshly minted trails a year ago! Look at how long it has taken to get this far along with this project! Craziness, if you would have told me back then it was going to take a year to get to where I'm at now and probably a couple more months before opening, I would have balked at you.  

Why would it take so long? I would have thought.  Well, I found out.  Weather, contractors, supply/demand issues, utility companies - read: Swepco (power) - taking forever.  Long list of things that really made this project take much longer than it should have.  In my mind? This operation should already be running.

And now, facing this insurance issue, gag.  

Well, back to researching rules.


No comments:

 Thursday - morning Just didn't sleep well again. I mean, I got some sleep just not quality sleep.   Got up a little later than normal f...