Thursday, October 20, 2022

 Anyone that has access to my facebook as well as this blog knows something major happened today.

Upon arrival at the property, there were fully 3 Swepco power company trucks, the telephone poles had already been installed and the line was almost finished.  I was - shocked actually.  Yea, I was really quite surprised that they had actually shown up this week.

I drove to where the boy - he's actually a 25 year old but whatever - was working, parked there, went and got the 4 wheeler with the trailer so he could start hauling the stuff to one of the burn piles.  I instructed him on what I wanted done and then walked to the front of the property where the workers were.

One of them introduced himself and we chatted for a while. He actually lives on the street and was talking about the 18 acres he just recently bought replete with a 2,500 square foot house for $189,000.  I'm telling ya, that's a good deal with a house on that land.  

He did let out a piece of information I did not know: The engineer is the one who releases the work to be done on any given week. He said they had just gotten the work order yesterday.  Seriously.  This engineer has been holding me up all of this time?  I was a bit disgusted but I bit my tongue, this dude I was talking with was really cool and laid back. He said they have a shortage of workers after I mentioned how I tell young people to get into the power line for electric business with the local state college.

 They pay them over $30 per hour plus overtime to start right out of this college.  And it's only 2 years.  

Anyway, I just stood there and marveled at the sight of those new power poles and the new line they had already strung. Even after I left them, I just couldn't help myself in looking at everything.  

I texted the electrical contractor - the poles are in, please come and hook up the power.  The power company will not hook up the line from the telephone pole to the meter assembly, that is up to the property owner to do and I already paid for this service.  Once they hook it up, I can call the power company and find out how much deposit money they will require. I can see thousands of dollars after paying the city $1,500 deposit for water.  

I texted the owner of the company that has been doing everything. The electrical contractor actually works for him.  I said I'm ready to get the gravel in as soon as Wesley verifies everything is in working order. He said thank you.  They have slowed down recently and are needing work to keep his crews busy.  He didn't give a date, he does things his own way. He does things right, so I won't question that part excepting it needs done very soon. 

The insurance.  Well, it's 3 grand and change per year.  It's a little over $800 down payment. It covers everything that I wanted - well as far as I'm reading it anyway, I'm going to ask some specific questions about the doggy park and the walking trails.  Is all of this covered? Because it's 2 million aggregate and 1 million each incidence.  Which is fine by me, but I want everything covered.  

I also called T Mobile. No down payment, router given to you upon signature on the line, business account, I didn't get into specifics, just how much does it cost? $55 per month. Mind you, that's a business account, not personal. It's for internet only, but dang that's a good deal.  It may go up when I tell them it's for an rv park and I will probably need some broadcasters to booster signal strength. 

I did not get the sign up today. I was supervising the boy and working as well. He was hauling the very huge pile of debris I had stacked and I was either cutting down more brush/trees along the driveway or pulling weeds on the backside. 

There are going to be weeds to start with, but I don't want them around the park area.  

What else. I need to get that appointment with the accountant, I was going to do it today but I just had so much other stuff going on and seeing the power company out there, well, that kind of sealed the deal.  

Oh, the router setup. There is no justification for running 400 feet of electrical wiring to that building right now.  I will buy some kind of lockable locker and put it right next to the power setup, making it necessary to only run 10 feet or so of electrical wiring and a single circuit breaker on the panel.  
The wiring to the office bldg will cost many hundreds of dollar - just for the wire. No thanks.  Not right now anyway.  

Tomorrow. I need that sign up, dang. Lol. Just keep putting it off for other things. Get the drilling machine, get that done and then call the accountant to make another appointment.  I dunno yet. It seems I can do the books without an accountant, but at the same time, is it wise to do so? I don't think so, but the finance department of my company is telling me that after that gravel is put in, my funds will be getting low.  

Finish the rules eventually - it just isn't there yet but yes, it's close.  Still need to find someone to draw up a contract.  This all costs money, btw, it isn't free.  

The pressure is on. Well, it will be after the gravel and all that money is paid off.  

Nah, the pressure is on, lol, it's been on for a while. There was always a lot to do without the power being hooked up.  I've been working diligently to keep up the pace.  

Yup, I'm going to work on the rules again after this post, lol.

G'day

No comments:

 Saturday - afternoon It only took an hour to unload the truck.  It took a combined 25 minutes, however, to get security guards to the scale...