Thursday, November 10, 2022

 So I'm sitting here at my desk, about to wind down when it hit me: I left all of that stuff out in the open yesterday.  Stuff being a $1,500 generator and various power and hand tools, 3 chainsaws, etc. I had pulled it to the front of the rear of the property to situate it for working on the actual front of the property.  I was going to go back today and do some work and then tarp it.

The point being there is a 98% chance of rain tomorrow and it starts around 9:00 am.  But, that could change - sometimes it hits earlier and sometimes it hits later than what the forecasters are saying, I didn't want to take a chance to wait until tomorrow morning.  

Yeah, that's what hit me.  It's sitting on that trailer with no tarp over it, all that money worth of stuff. I had to ask to borrow a vehicle, but James jumped up and said let's go!  Okay!  

It's really dark out there at night!  We pull up in the woods, get out and suddenly we hear a 4 wheeler riding somewhere very close.  Like what?  It sounded like it was on the other side of my property on the trail over there.  Yup, I ran over there and James jumped into his truck. Got over there? 

Nothing burger.  It was a property that butts the pipeline easement and my property is right there, up next to it.  They were on a side-by-side and they were making an awful lot of noise. I mean, not only was the machine making all kinds of racket, they had a  very loud stereo system in that thing and it was carrying a long way off.

I can't say I was pleased at that. How often does this go on out here at night? I thought. But, it was only 8:30, so I could only hope that they don't do it that often and not after 10:00 pm.  

Well, we went back to where we started and walked to the rear of the trails where the bridge is, grabbed the tarp and went back with it, covered up the entire trailer, put heavy objects to hold down the tarp and that was that. 

As I said, walking through those woods was trippy.  I knew it would be, so much so I had a pistol in my pocket "just in case", but being out there!  You couldn't see anything without a flashlight, it was pitch black. I could imagine tent camping back in there.  

Anyway, the shop never even called me saying what was wrong.  I'll be calling them tomorrow morning - I really need my vehicle. Yes, whatever is wrong with it needs fixed, but I can't just wait forever.  I am mostly just driving around town but it's all on trips that serve some useful purpose. Either getting food to cook for dinner, buying stuff for the property/business, going to service providers or going to the property itself.  

That's it. An interesting adventure tonight.  

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...