Friday, December 16, 2022

 Leaving in a few minutes to go to the older boy's school, in-class Christmas party.  I was invited, I shall go.  

However.  I was doing a Google search yesterday and I saw an ad about "long Covid".  Curios, I clicked on it and it started talking about long term effects of Covid after you are over and done with the coughing and basically the illness itself.

I then started googling long covid and reading several sites worth. This is exactly what I've been going through since I had Covid many months ago.  The fatigue being the biggest one. Whereas, I could go all day long without much of anything but a lunch break? I find myself worn out after 4 or 5 hours max.  

Some days much less than that. A taste. After getting Covid, I had this awful taste in my mouth. Everything had this taste added to it and it was disgusting.  It was a great diet plan, because I would start eating, gross out on the taste and stop.  In fact, the only thing that actually pushed through that nasty taste? A mug of beer.  

There are other symptoms as well, but I loathe to even discuss them - heart, lungs, kidneys, etc.  Whoever unleashed the Covid virus? They did a great job ensuring many people died and many people were affected for long after they got it. Will this fatigue ever go away? I have no way of knowing. For a while there, I thought I was getting my energy back, but then the fatigue hit again.

This is why I fear thinking about going back to work.  It's not that I don't like working, it's that I don't know that I can handle a 12-14 hour day sitting in a truck.  I will probably have no choice but to find out and soon enough.  I am doing fasting atm trying to see if that will disrupt this 'cycle' or whatever it is I'm in. 

When I say fasting, I mean eating nothing for days and drinking only water.  Fasting has been shown to ward off numerous diseases and fix things that ail you.  I figured I should try it while I have the chance, because once I start working again? I will have to eat just to keep some kind of energy levels up. 

Anyway, it is time to leave.  I have no idea - it's a party with the child, his classmates and the teacher in their classroom. A bit out of my territory, but I'll go anyway.  

No comments:

 Thursday - morning Just didn't sleep well again. I mean, I got some sleep just not quality sleep.   Got up a little later than normal f...