Saturday, December 31, 2022

 These people seem dead-set on taking a site as they have contacted me yet again this morning and asking if I'll take cash.  Of course I will. It will bypass any fees on the website.  The website is for customer convenience and accepting credit cards. But if someone wants to pay cash?  

So, that set off a flurry of motion in printing out a receipt and printing out the park rules which also has a legal disclaimer on it.  You have to have that legal disclaimer.  It may not stop someone from suing, but you have a signed document saying they understand the rules and they also understand that in any event, the park isn't just going to accept liability for - fill in the blank. Acts of God, weather related, etc.  You know, the every day risks you take just stepping out the door of your house.  

So, I'm just a bit nervous, I don't know why.  My first customers and I'm giving it pretty cheap.  Which is why they are taking it.  I wasn't going to do that at first, but I saw the fact that there are RV parks popping up all over the place around here and there is quite a bit of competition.  I have no choice, IMO, but to lower the price below all of them.  And that I have done, even below the existing, old parks that are in pretty sad shape.  It's just what I figured I'd have to do to get some people in there and hopefully get a few decent reviews going.

Put on my happy face and get out there. Yup. So much to do.  The weather has been horrid and I've been sick and I'm still far from 100%.  I'm just glad I have some money in the bank to tide me over for a bit longer because going back to work in this condition? Yeah, that's a non-happening event. I start coughing wildly the minute I decide to do anything beyond sitting here.  This is why I've been sitting home for weeks now, I know how bronchitis affects me and the effect is getting more pronounced the older I get.

I have no idea where I got this round, but apparently the kids got it from me as one of them is coughing away and the other also has a cough and sniffles. Sorry bro's, I didn't mean to.  Not like they haven't gotten me sick many times over.  

Whatever the case, I do hope this actually goes through.  I need to get over the hump of getting my first customers in the books.  It will get easier after that, after I hear - hopefully - some candid comments about the place and what they like and what they dislike. I want to hear all of it.  No, really, I want to hear the negative stuff so I can take it into consideration and if necessary, put it on the list and prioritize it.  

Now if someone says I need a pool, well that is on the list, but it's no where near the top.  But, if they say they want laundry? Yea, that at or near the top of the list.  Money is a thing and contractors aren't cheap.  Right now, I'm just trying to get some of the "bleeding" of money that is going on with costs associated with the place with nothing coming in to replace it. 

Anyway, I think I'll get the dog and I think I'll get out there.  They should be arriving soon.  

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...