Monday, December 5, 2022

 That was easy.  It's all quite wet out there and I'm not sinking into the ground trying to dig out post holes, I definitely don't need to water anything and the only thing I could have really done out there is start putting the fire rings together. 

However, I am called to Longview in a little bit, so I will either start on those this afternoon or get a jump on it tomorrow morning.  I have the trailer hooked up, I am going to get 2 picnic tables tomorrow morning as well.  I would get all of them that they have at Lowe's - but I don't think it's prudent to spend that much money right now.  

If people want an outdoor picnic, they'll have to go to the community firepit area for use of picnic tables.  That's where I'm putting the 2 tables, near the what will be built-in firepit.  I actually need 16 tables in total. That's $2,704 plus tax, call it an even 3 grand. Nope.  That money is going to gravel.  I'll spend $350 instead on 2 tables and call it good - for now. 

I'm looking for that grass seed to germinate and pop up soon.  The next couple of days, hopefully.  I decided to list rentals available on my Facebook page at a discounted rate.  I'm not getting many views on that page yet, last week was like 12 views.  

But, if someone wants to rent a lot, they can do so in person.  Hand me a check, cash, paypal or cashapp. Lol.  When the site is up and running - and it should be this week - it'll take credit cards.  

Since I'm getting close to opening, I need to ask the septic dude if there's anything I need to do before turning the switch to the on position.  I have no idea and they didn't tell me.  

Well Longview looms.  I don't think we're going to be over there all afternoon tho if we are, I might as well look at Home Depot in person and see if they have any tables. They are usually cheaper than Lowe's - but online it looks like they are $40 more expensive.  

I did stop at the sign place today, I'm having a permanent 15 MPH sign made for the driveway which will be posted near the front, a sign with the address only on it and I needed another walking trail sign.  There is a place where it may be confusing where to go.  Just a $10 sign make it worth it for people to understand that one of the 3 directions they can go? Only one of them is going to take them out of there the same way they came in.

Now, if they want to explore the other trails, be my guest.  It's all safe for walking.

Anyway, I need to get ready to leave - again.


No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...