Thursday, December 8, 2022

 It was not my inaction that caused this problem. I went to the Post Office and asked to speak with whoever to have an address listed for mail delivery.  Okay, it was my fault. They never called me back and I put it out of my mind - until last night.

That's when I realized my Google business page is gone. Well, not gone, just not showing to anyone but me.  They want to verify the address by sending a postcard. Never heard of such a thing.  So, I just changed the address with Texas Comptroller - but that will take up to 7 business days and I suspect I will have to show paperwork proving it's the actual address to the Post Office to get mail service started.

I wonder if I can just change the address on Google and have them send the mail here to my house.  Google is very important to the success of this business, it's what everyone uses to find campgrounds in any given area.  "We're going to stop somewhere around here" and then they look up campgrounds in the area.  Literally, a lot of them do it like that. If they are on their way somewhere, the full timers typically drive around 300 miles per day (max) and then stop somewhere for a day, several days, whatever they wish.  

It's a lot of retired people and there many who have jobs where they can "work from home".  

Anyway, told the boy to get out of his pajamas, get some clothes on cause' I have a lot of stuff to do. He was sick with fever yesterday, he hasn't had a fever since yesterday morning. However.  The school system requires a student to show 24 hours of no fever before returning to school. It's just a requirement they have - he can't go back to school today and mom is out working.  I am able to drag him along with me, she is not.  She goes to people's homes to visit in person with the program she is doing with them.  

I don't mind, he likes "adventure" aspect of it and he usually tries to help out of his own volition with whatever I am doing.  

After the post office, Lowe's is required. 

Texted Marc and told him I won't be out there until after 10 am.  Post Office takes priority, even if they tell me things I don't want to hear, I need to know what they require to get postal service over there.  I need it in the business name, not my name - or a combination of both I guess.  Or I guess getting mail delivered to me personally there would be my name and then C/O the rv park?  

Who knows.  

I have a list of stuff to do at the property today, tomorrow, until it's done basically. I'm starting the thing up after everything is done regardless of Google. If I can't get any business without Google, so beit, it's not going to cost me anything more to have it opened with no customers. The grass is an issue, hopefully all of that seed will sprout soon!  I dunno, but after I get everything else done, I am highly likely just going to open up and be done with it, grass or no grass. I have like half of it growing and the rest is dirt with seed on it.  

Well, off to the races.

G'day

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...