Sunday, January 8, 2023

 I didn't get the new signs today. Mostly because I completely forgot about it. I spent hours just dealing with one burn pile. It's much more work than one would realize considering the amount of wood and the fact that you have to keep cutting up trees and branches to feed the fire.  The fire won't spread as much as I would like it to, you have to bring the wood in the pile to the fire.  So yea, I only got one pile done today.  2 more to go.  I want that stuff burned before bringing in a dozer.  

I can see dozing under ash and small pieces, but this big stuff isn't going to wash.  I don't want any piles after the dozer work if at all possible. 

If I would have remembered, I would have brought the trailer home at least.  Oh, no I couldn't. Forgot this is Friday, the sign place closes for the weekend.  I guess I could go now.....

Apparently my ad campaign just started.  Thanks for sending me the email you promised when you said it was up and running!  I just clicked on Google manage your business and found the thing.

______________

That was yesterday. I received a call from a man last night looking for a place to stay overnight.  He saw my ad - yes it's showing probably 75 miles in every direction at least. It was a dead end. He was at another RV park that he said was closed and no one there.  I told him I was 54 miles away and that was too far for him, he only wanted to drive a little more to find the nearest place as he had been driving all day.

Meanwhile, I have had 2 inquiries about long-term residence at the park since putting up the Google ad.  And now, Facebook asked if I wanted to renew the marketplace ad to which I said yes, of course! lol. I'm getting some leads but so far it isn't transitioning into guests/money.  Patience I guess. Just keep on plugging it in the local market and hope eventually I get more people in there and eventually enough to half fill the place up.  I am still wanting to see if I can get the short termers in there.  It's not reasonable to assume I will be able to get a loan to finish the place off if I can't even get 14 spots filled up.  

One person just contacted me a while ago and asked what age do you allow? The RV, that is. Many parks only allow up to 10 years old. Some 15. Others don't care as long as they are in good condition. I'm with the third option - if they look decent and aren't falling apart and don't have to have tarps on the roof. Can you send me a pic? I haven't bought one yet.  Oh, okay, well as long as it's in decent condition I'm good with it.  I intend on buying one in the next few days, I'll get back to you.

Ok.  This situation could turn quickly in my favor.  Or who knows. I won't say "or not" because I have faith that this thing is eventually going to take off.  I don't when or how long it's going to take to get there, but affordable housing my area is fairly non-existent and the only stuff available for "decent" prices are trash.  You buy an RV outright for cash and live in it - one monthly payment for the lot, you're good to go. 

I've lived in travel trailers.  You get used to it.  

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...