Wednesday, January 25, 2023

 Well, the forecasters got one right.  It rained all day long yesterday, moderate to heavy rain.  So, I went to walmart looking for a ledger, they didn't have one which was odd considering they have an entire "business" type of aisle with business good, then to the city water department.  While I have time, let's get all of this stuff done.  

The account has been transferred over to the business checking account.  

Then I decided to do something about auto insurance.  I ended up at a place that is 2 blocks from my house and stood there - it was kind of strange the receptionist didn't have me go sit down at the desk of a lady that has it set up for taking applications....it was a good deal of time standing there.  

Whatever the case, all of that time paid off: my insurance was reduced by $100 per month with almost the same coverages as I had with Allstate.  I got rid of the roadside assistance.  I have never used it on any of my policies and seems a waste of money.  I have about 6 months left of payments on that vehicle and I'll be done.  I will probably leave the coverage on it, it's tempting to take a much lower insurance rate with minimal coverage, but if something happens, you lose everything and have to start over.  I plan on keeping that vehicle for awhile, car and especially truck prices have skyrocketed and I don't feel like getting caught up in $700 a month payments.  

You would be surprised how how much Ford, Chevy and Dodge want for a new pickup. 

Anyway, over to the property while contemplating what to eat and then, Taylor texted asking if I wanted to go do lunch? 

___________________

Today/Wednesday. No rain in the forecast but everything is wet over there.  I would have to say it's a good time to go over and pull weeds.  It's cold outside, but I'm sure after a few minutes of physical exertion, I will warm up nicely regardless of outside air temperature.  The front field is so ugly when you pull in there and I would like to see how much I can get done in a few hours of pulling. If I can knock out a good chunk, I'll just keep going.  I'd rather have a plain, barren dirt field than a field full of 3 foot tall weeds.  Just not a very good look, at all.  This is a problem I can do something about without spending any money.  I'd rather pay for machinery to do it, tbh, but I'm going to try to see about getting the front portion done and find out how long it takes me.  There are several days worth of rain forecast next week, it would be nice to get that front portion de-weeded and get at least a little grass going out there.

That's my plan, whether I follow through with it or not? Well, the next entry will be the tell-tale on that one.

Keto.  I'm doing well sticking on the diet.  9 days into it, I'm stuck at 10 pounds lost.  I was down 11 pounds, but it went back up a pound and that's where it's staying for now.  However - there is noticeable fat loss, especially on my belly.  A person needs to see some results - it doesn't have to be a lot - in order to gain that momentum, confidence and motivation to keep going.  The scale helps, but seeing it is much better.  I'm still fat around the belly, lol.  Just saying, it's gone down.  I have no intentions of caving to internal desires for potatoes, pastas, rice and other things any time soon.  

As long as I can see results either on the scale or in the mirror, I will remain motivated to stay on it.

I'll go to drastic measures to get it going again, such as water-only fasting for several days if necessary. I'm not there yet, I'll let this go a couple more days before switching gears.  

My next financial challenge will be calling Dish Network and basically telling them they can either get the price back down or I'll be switching to Directv.  I think these satellite companies sometimes think you are bluffing . So they start talking about reducing your channel lineup instead of simply giving you a long term customer discount - or whatever they want to call it, the price of the service at the AZ house is beyond ridiculous, it's absurd. I get so tired of these companies jacking up the prices - the do it in increments - and then you have to call in to discuss seemingly endlessly to get it back down.  

If I didn't need the service over there, I would just cancel it altogether.  But, people want the satellite so I have provided it for quite a long time now.  I'm not really trying to "make" money off of that house, but it does need to pay for itself.  

Well that's enough.  I need to get ready to go over there.  I don't think I"ll take Addler, he's a big baby in the cold. He'll run around for a while and then he'll just stand there, shivering, looking at me. Yes, even your dog can give you looks, lmao.  He does it well, too.  He'd be happier laying on his bed in my bedroom, which is exactly what I'm going to do. He's outside probably standing at the door atm, I pretty much let him inside with occasional potty breaks when it gets cold like this.  

Starlink. I'm signing up for it.  IT isn't available here yet, but you can sign up in advance.  I can't afford Verizon.  I'm only 2 weeks into it and I've already received a notice that I've used half the data up already.  I can't be having $500 per month internet bills, I might as well take out a loan and have Fidelity installed for the 7 grand for that much money.  They provide unlimited access offers.  I only have 3 people in there using internet and it's half gone already?  And then, they charge you an exorbitant amount per "block", they are calling it and rest assured, those blocks aren't that much date.  

I've already signed up for it.  Apparently, whenever they are expanded into my area, they just ship out the equipment, which isn't cheap.  But, I've read up to 30 devices can be hooked up to it at a time.  Another RV park owner said he put up 2 separate systems and says it works well enough. Yes, I'm not trying to provide lightning speeds, I'm trying to give people access to the internet for looking up email, social media.  Not online games that use tons of data and broadband width.  I dunno, I'm a bit nervous about this Verizon account because it can go way up in monthly price. And there is only one full time rig there.

They sit in that trailer all day long. They said they had their own unlimited wifi, but it's obvious they are relying on my internet for their complete internet coverage. I can't do anything about it, this device doesn't appear to have any limits you can attach to individual users.  Some devices you can cut one particular user off completely while still allowing access to everyone else.  I dunno, but at the rates I'm charging, I'm not feeling all that generous with giving them even more perks for minimal money.

It's a perplexing situation that I"m going to have to figure out - and soon.  I expect a high power bill, a medium water bill but wifi? No thanks.  I can only  hope that Starlink becomes available soon.  They have a business account but it's $2,700 to set it up and $500 per month.  That's way too much money. I'm thinking more in the $200 range and that's it.  

And again, if worse comes to worse, I will pay the price for Fidelity.  Outrageous amount at first, yes, but in the long run it would definitely pay for itself.  I think they have a plan in the $250  range for unlimited access for multiple users.  I dunno, I'll wait another week and see where the Verizon usage is at, but it's obvious I can keep that up.  Think about having 14 units in there and at least some of them home all the time gobbling up data?  I didn't build a park to have so much monthly accounts payable accounts that I am making hardly any money.  I'd actually get rid of internet altogether and people can fend for themselves if that were the case.  

That's really a perplexing situation. 

People want it, but they don't really want to pay for it....this is why I'm limiting the low, intro monthly rate to 4 units. After that, I'm jacking up the monthly price by at least $50 and it is what it is.  

Meanwhile, I've been racking my brains trying to figure out how to afford to have a shower room built in the shed.  I don't know - yet.  Loans loans loans. No thanks, I've got enough.   

Enough. I need to get out of here and get something done. And get away from this computer.  I have a person in my Facebook inbox claiming he's a minister running a children's ministry in Pakistan, wanting money. Of course you want money!  He's sent probably 30 pics of the kids and him handing them bowls of food, apparently.  The problem? Anyone can lift pics off the internet and say it's them. He even sent a copy of his government issued ID.  I do help people out here and there, but strangers off of the internet? With so many scams?  Just not interested.  I asked him if could prove his ministry by telling me any pastors in the US he works with. Also, the name and address of his ministry?  

G'day.  









No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...