Wednesday, February 15, 2023

 I'm absolutely amazed at the prices RV parks are being sold for. There is a 14 lot park 60 miles down the Interstate that is going for 600k. It has no amenities.  

There is still the park that was built but never opened going for 1.2 million - it's 32 spaces with a party barn and a fishing pond.  Nothing else. 

An old park that I didn't even know was for sale near the state line - not the new one, another one - going for 1.6 million.  

And more - for unbelievable high prices. How do you sell a park for that much money that can't really pay the mortgage?  Must be something I'm missing there.  Then again, those parks have been on the market for a while, excepting the one near the state line.  I'm not thinking of selling my park, I just want to get a loan on it and if all of these other places are worth that much, then my estimate of 350k is probably quite conservative.  I have a lot more acreage to boot than any those around me for sale.  

I know it's taking time to get on the map, but I'm chomping at the bit to expand this place.  It would take a minimum of 6 months for them to build more sites, that's just the way they do things around here.  

_________

That was last night. A local park was listed for sale - the price was amazingly high.  It's another one of those "I was awake for 2 hours last night in the middle of the night and now I overslept until 8:30 am" days. It takes a while for me to fully wake up - get the fog out of my brain - on such days. Hence, even tho I have to get X amount of flooring in before the come with the machines today, I'm sitting here drinking coffee.

They allegedly are coming at a 12 to 4 pm window.  So I have plenty of time, a couple of hours of putting in that flooring should have me getting quite a lot of it done - I hope?  I dunno lol. 

My second request to reserve a spot from March 23-25 just came in over the phone.  She explained there is a square dance going on in our town and people are looking for an RV park to stay it.  Apparently there are more that may want to stay. 

Well, if that's true, I might take one or two more before cutting it off.  March 23rd is more than a month away and I'd like to get more long term in there - unless - the park is going to start filling up with short stays.  

That would be nice of course.

I think I'm awake now and the day isn't growing younger.  I must get out there and get a lot more of that flooring in.

G'day


No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...