Thursday, February 23, 2023

 My guess of around $500 was spot on.  Electric bills. There are two of them since there are 2 main meters.  Still don't much care for that setup, they could have done a 400 amp main meter and then subbed it if necessary, that way I wouldn't have to get 2 bills with 2 service fees. The bills add up to just a few dollars short of $500.

Summertime, I can expect that to double or even triple, unfortunately.  I knew this going into this, however and I will eat whatever I have to eat.  

I think it adds to the argument of leaving 3 short term spaces open.  Those more than pay for themselves in electric usage and I am starting to lean towards leaving back-in lot 11 open or even asking one of the ones on one of the pull throughs to move their trailer.  However, the power company worker isn't going to be there forever, when he leaves his pull-through will be opened up.  So maybe I should find a tenant for lot 11 and then after a pull through opens up, I will leave that open for travelers.  1 back in space at lot 14 and 2 pull throughs at lots 4 and 5.  AS of the moment, all 3 spaces are generating enough in the next 30 days to pay for one and a half long term rental spaces.  I'll need more bookings to cover the rest, obviously.  I'm pretty frim at this point, however, in raising the monthly rate. I've got people in there, I'm making some money, that was the point.  None of those people save the older couple are "permanent". Even the older couple may leave at some point, who knows?  

Ok, well I got up a few minutes ago and noted the room was pretty dark.  It's daytime, it should be much brighter in here. Opening the blinds and looking out? Very dark skies.  Yet, on the radar, it shows no rain anywhere near us.  I hope so, I have plenty to do today.  I'll have about 6 solid hours for working - and probably getting parts if necessary - before I'll have to quit and go get the boys.  It's Thursday and that's just the way it works.  I don't mind it and it will just motivate me to get the work done.  I have determined after more thinking about it where I want to end the sewer pipe for now - which is basically all the way to the main driveway side of the shed.  I want most of the open trenches covered up and I don't want to rent a machine only to leave a lot of hand back-filling to do.  Makes no sense and I have the time to get it done.  

I just know I have some manual back-filling to do today and that's not really going to be fun.  I should have put some dirt back in there when I was on the mini-ex.  It just didn't look like it was that much to backfill for laying the sewer pipe, didn't really think it would be as bad as it is. I say "bad" as in a lot of energy and a lot of heavy breathing.  The soil is heavy with water/moisture and it's quite a bit of work.  

Anyway, however long it takes, I'll finish the sewer pipe as far as I need to go and then I'll run the water pipe. That will mean turning off the water and oh well.  I notified the older couple last night.  They didn't care, they want the laundry as much as everyone else.  I'm definitely running 2 of each outlet for 2 dryers and 2 washers in case the usage gets to be too much and I find the setup needing more machines.  Right now? No thanks.  I've got enough payments and bills.  

Well, while I'm contemplating all of these things, my morning coffee is luxurious.  It's a nice start to a day that I know is going to be filled with working in a wet trench with lots of mud.  I would just let it dry out and wait, but you know, that pesky deadline. Those people are coming tomorrow afternoon, the lot has to be ready. And Lord willing, it will be!  It may not look so nice with fresh dirt and I am going to have to bring some of that river rock from the back to fill in where there will be a dirt line a foot and a half wide going through the pad itself. But it will be ready.  

Oh. And I was thinking about "too much pitch" for downward travel on the sewer line.  I know there is an issue if you don't have enough pitch, but what about too much? Well, the first site I read says you shouldn't have too much pitch because solids and water can separate leaving the solid sitting inside the pipe and the water long gone.

But then I got onto a plumber's forum and a large number of them said that is an old wive's tale, that is something from the past. Newer pipe is much more slippery - and I've seen old pipe compared to new and that is correct - and it is no longer an issue. I say this because there is a good 20-30 feet where the pitch is probably "more" than it "should" be.  My fears alleviated, I can go about my business lol.  

Well, get a second cup of coffee and head over there.  I have another month, I'm guessing, maybe 2, before I either see some miraculous amount of overnighters coming through saving my butt or I have to go back to driving.  I have been putting it off, obviously and for good reason: I hate trucking.  I dunno if the Hipcamp spots will take off or not? Just no idea. If they don't, I'll advertise them as boondocking sites and charge $15 per night.  That's for regular RV's.  If that doesn't work, I'll turn it into a long term storage place for boats, rv's and what have you. If that doesn't work, then I spend money for nothing lol.  However, I now understand it can take time to get on the map as an RV park, it will likely take time to get on the map as a Hipcamp preferred site for campers.  

I'm still waiting on the appraisal dude to get out there and take a look.  I'm not sure if he's qualified to give an appraisal that a bank will accept, but his site says he's a state certified appraisal expert. He appears to be more in the business of selling homes and property more than anything. 

Oh well, I need to get out of here.

G'day. 


No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...