Saturday, February 11, 2023

 Make sure that doesn't happen again. 

I arrived at the park yesterday with my laptop.  They wanted to pay credit card.  It totally escaped me that they could have just paid online.  I'm new to this, folks, I haven't done this that many times.  Got the laptop out, got the card processing app up and - it wanted the user name and password.  Drew a complete blank.  It is saved on my desktop, I don't need to enter it every time I bring it up.  I said I could just go home and they can give me the card number over the phone, they decided to just pay with a check.  

I'm not sure why these other people are coming in March, but the curiosity of the situation is that I never received an email from the software telling me I have a reservation that needs attention.  It sent me one the last 2 times? I'll have to go back into that system and figure out if I did something to stop the emails.  

I also updated HipCamp with more pictures, I only had 3 on there. Hipcamp also asked if I could like a professional photographer to come and take pics in exchange for free night/s stay.  Ok?  I signed up for it.  It's just a thing where they put up requests into some system somewhere and if there happens to be a photographer in the area that wants to do it? They show up.  

It also dawned on me that I could easily set up a couple of electric-only sites on the other side of the shed.  It's flat, level ground and I'm only talking 20 amp, regular circuit, no 50 or 30 amp stuff.  Why? Because there is a market for it.  Reduced prices as well.  It would basically be a place to park a small rig overnight at the same price a truckstop that has pay parking would charge a trucker.

I'll have a water spigot by the shed as well.  They just won't be able to dump sewer, tho in reality, since I'm running a line over there, I could install a sewer dump.  They charge anywhere from $10 to $25 to dump a tank full of sewage. It's mostly frowned on in the industry, parks would rather they just spend the money to stay a night.  

Anyway, this would be a version of boondocking but with electricity and I would have to do nothing more than install a couple of outdoor electrical outlets.  I'll have plenty of juice at the shed to handle it.  This is what came in last night. A pickup with a bumper pull, small trailer.  We're talking less than $100 to install.  I could, actually, put in sewer and water, I may end up having enough pipe left over, not sure.  I also could get a small kitchen going in the shed - an electric oven, a sink and a small counter.  Put some pots, pans and cooking utensils in there - cheap stuff - and add that onto the site as well.

I'm getting ideas as I go along here. If I could put up a used oven cheap, it would cost a few hundred dollars to install a simple but usable setup.  The shower - I have found it's just as important as laundry if not more so.  People are asking if I have a shower? No, unfortunately, but we can change that.  

I'm just not sure how I would be able to install it.  The shed is elevated off the ground, but it's not enough to crawl under it.  To install a toilet or a shower, you have to bring the sewer pipe up from underneath.  I've seen the fittings at the store for both a shower drain and the toilet, it's 4 inch you just attach the sewer pipe to it.  I'll have to spend even more time looking at YouTube videos I guess. 

I want to utilize this rather large expenditure of money just to put in a laundry setup as much as possible.  If I can add stuff to it that doesn't cost a lot, there is no reason I shouldn't be able to do so.  

I think it would be a hit for HipCampers, that's a bit different crowd right there.  I don't care who comes in there, I just want to maximize the potential for more customers. If you look at the bathrooms that many HipCamp locations offer? They're mostly outhouses.  That's right, a hole dug into the ground and a toilet seat mounted onto a wood structure.  I could actually put a working toilet in my shed, nothing like an outhouse.  Lol. 

A toilet is like $100. The fittings for it - well i need to find out how to install sewer line P trap or how that works.  I don't smell sewage coming up out of the shower stall in my room, I assume there is something you have to install in the line before the drain like a p trap under the sink to stop bugs and smell from coming up into the room.  

Let me put it this way. After spending thousands of dollars doing the shed for nothing but a laundromat? We're going to spend another grand on a shower stall, a toilet and a kitchen. Nothing fancy.  If I ever get there, fancy can come later.  That shed is 12X16.  The machines will be at one end, the bathroom can be at the other and the little kitchen can be in the middle and I think that will gobble up the space in there.  But, if there happens to be some space left over, a couple of chairs to finish it out. The kitchen only needs the oven, no other electrical appliances except maybe a toaster. I'm not supplying food, lol, a refrigerator is unnecessary.  

So what am I doing today? I'm going back up to Lowe's to try and figure out what to put into the electrical box for fittings and conduit, I don't need much.  Enough to go into the ground where the wire will come out and enough going from the breaker box to the inside of the shed.  Once I get the machines setup done, I will install an electrical outlet and try to get a toilet in there.  

Well that didn't take long to figure out. We all know toilets have their own trap, I just didn't know if another one was needed under the flooring? Nope.  The shower? They have a special, narrow trap that attaches to the drain line under the floor.  Of course sinks have a p trap in the closet underneath them.  

Sounds easy? Lol, likely not.  Everything I have done so far has been a pain in the rear. I could only hope that something else might go easier! Well, enough. I'm going to watch more videos and figure some things out and then head up to Lowe's. 


No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...