Friday, March 31, 2023

 Uhh, I have a few draft entries that I probably won't even put on here.  I just get distracted by something and start working on something.  Such is life at the moment. 

A few highlights tho.  First and very thankfully, the rest of the project in the shed is paid for.  It is a huge weight off my shoulders.  I started figuring out the costs to do the whole thing with the foam style insulation and cover it up with drywall.  The lumber to build the 2 walls needed for the bathroom. A pre-framed door, a keypad entry, an outdoor lamp for the front of the shed, a vanity for the bathroom - I wasn't going to do it but I think I will so people can wash their hands after using the toilet.   

And other stuff.  It got to the 3 grand point and that became a little overwhelming.  I may have the money for that, but it would deplete my banking account to uncomfortable levels.  The point, I can now finish the entire thing without worrying about money.  I've just spent so much money putting this park together, it went far beyond anything I imagined it would in terms of costs. Inflation also drove prices of everything up. 

There will still be work to do after they finish this weekend, but a huge chunk of the hard stuff will be out of the way.  

I also tried that dryer again.  I put the quarters in it and turned it on, setting the time. At 46 minutes, it shut itself off.  That is exactly what it is supposed to do.  I am not going to cancel that appointment with the repair dude, tho, I want him to see if he can figure out how to change the price for the wash.  I want $2 wash and $1 dry - $3 for all of it.  It's currently set at $1.50 wash and that's just too low. I need to be able to cover the cost of the payments on those machines, at least.  

I did the numbers today as far as income.  At current rates, there is no way I can survive off of that.  It's just not enough money left over after expenses.  It's like 3 plus grand, but you have to take taxes out of that.  That's just with the current setup with 11 long term and 3 short term.  Amazingly, all of the calls have stopped.  It figures, lol. I've only had one call - that person said they were going to come and would call me when they were on their way.

Yeah, that didn't happen.  I'm still pretty hopeful I can get that lot rented soon, hopefully within the next week.  I know of one person that is leaving at the end of April.  So, if I get the 12th lot rented and then this amenities shed starts getting more business coming in, no worries for me, I can keep that lot open after that guy leaves.  

Tomorrow, I'm getting up early to meet the contractor out there, answer any questions, show them what I want and then get to measuring the length of the trenches in the Hipcamp area.  It's for electricity only. I will have to order that wire and I want to be pretty close to exactly what I need.  They have the right sized wire for $1.09 per foot. That's a good price for direct burial - underground wiring that doesn't need conduit.  I'm going to set up 4 outlets and call it good.  If they get used, that would be wonderful.  If they don't, then I spent $200 on nothing.  I'm optimistic.   

The Hipcamp is a gamble, but not a huge monetary output.  I already had the bobcat for backfilling the trench for the shed, it was a no brainer to clear out that area for hipcamp and also deal with the driveway.  The driveway is no longer a muddy, sloppy mess, I am grateful that my efforts paid off, I"m hardly a pro earth moving laborer.  

But I want to wind down spending gobs of money on this park.  If there's anything I would really like to get going, it would be a glamping setup in the back.  I just can't figure out how to have cooling back there.  There's no power and the closest connection would be the shed at something like 800 feet away.

No doable.  I have to figure out the power part first because that's what glamping is - the comforts of home in a tent.  Think of it as tenting camping in a huge, giant canvas tent set up that is more like a hotel room.  King sized bed, TV, heating/cooling, small kitchen, etc.  When I say kitchen, I am definitely not referring to running water.  That's not a part of any glamping setup I have seen, tho I suspect there are probably some out there. 

More like a coffee maker, a small refrigerator and a microwave.  But anyway, I will eventually start looking into it, I just don't need to right now, I don't have the money for that atm.  It would cost 5 to 8 thousand to get one built.  Just not in the cards - right now.  

I'll be happy to just get some of the regular tent camping sites going after I can finally get my attention off of park issues.  It's still going to be weeks, probably, before I finish that shed.  Drywall alone will be a pain - putting it on the ceiling isn't going to be easy.  Hold  sheet up there while trying to drive in screws.....Not going to worry about it, I'll figure something out and get it done.  But the bathroom wall and door will be first priority.  

Well, I'm tired, it's getting late and 6:00 am comes early, at least for me. 

No comments:

 Monday semi-early I do, indeed, have a run today. Well, at least until they tell me something different.   Pro Hamas protesters around the ...