Saturday, March 11, 2023

 Saturday - morning.

Spent 4-1/2 hours running around looking for a mower yesterday. I eventually gave up on a riding mower. A decent mower in good condition will start at around $800 and goes up from there - used one of course.  I can't afford a new one right now, well out of my price range.  I drove 42 miles to look at a mower in "good condition", only to find the thing wouldn't start, when the man did finally get it started, the engine was running rough and then after the engine heated up? Billows of oil smoke gagging the both of us. 

The man acted as if it were nothing, I said no thanks, especially for $450.  This is the state of most of the cheaper riding mowers being listed locally - they are chock full of problems. But would you pay $500 for a machine that has all kinds of issues, in many cases, serious issues with them?  

Accidentally paid power bills for RV Park out of personal checking account.  Oops.  I transferred money and memo'ed as such.  For any tax "problems", I at least want it noted, this was a legitimate business expense that was overlooked.  Is it a big deal? No clue, but it's certainly not unethical or immoral.  

ATM, short stays are paying off. The people that put in a reservation out of the blue yesterday are back.  I didn't see them, one of the people that are my second set of eyes (not the older couple, this is another couple that is there temporarily, tho they have stated they may be there through the summer) contacted me saying "what a beautiful rig pulling into the park!".  

That was actually a message that, hey, I have my friend that wants to move in here too! I said yes, they are here for a couple of days as will be the other 2 short stay lots.  As of today, all 3 of them will be filled.  And I just remembered that I need to move some things around before lot 2 arrives today. They wanted a fire ring - there are several behind back in sites that aren't being used.  Those people have been there long enough to ascertain they aren't going to use them and I don't mind taking one.  

Well, I don't know what I'm going to do today beyond what I will be doing in a little while, which is going with the family to the 8 year old's first soccer game. They have been practicing for a couple of weeks, time to test that practice.  I have not been going to the practices but I promised the boy I would go watch his games.  He rather insisted, lol.

Ok, well I really need to get some work done today over there, I guess I'll continue work on the shed.  I'm not going to bother trying to mow grass until Monday, when most people are at work and it won't disturb them.  I bought the necessary items to continue on with the shed work - it seems to be an endless money pit.  It will  end at some point, but not yet.  I have to wonder if my priorities were backward in installling the washer/dryer systems first.  People are now expressing their desire for that shower stall.....

I can't read minds and I just assume that I will offer all of it and that will be that. But, of course, they aren't all being done at once, lol.  

Weight loss is up and down.  It does this thing where it gets to a new low, then goes back up as much as 5 pounds and then starts working it's way back down.  I'm on the working-it's-way'back-down stage at 213 this morning, with the recent low being 212.  I expect to hit 212 again in the next couple of days and then on down to some lower number. It's been quite the exercise in restraining myself from eating everything everyone else is eating.  Especially cookies and cake. Last night we were at a gathering of the usual crowd and a cake was brought to celebrate the pregnancy.

No, I didn't have any.  I'm stuck with the occasional Atkins chocolate treat.  I don't buy stuff online for treats because it is way overpriced.  $30 box of cereal, $35 dozen donuts, etc.   For that much money I could go have a prime rib dinner at a restaurant.  

Once I get that water heater all hooked up, I'm going to have to go ahead and build that other shed.  I have nowhere else to put my stuff and once I get laundry going, I am not going to have anything left in there as I currently have.  I don't trust people much, especially people I don't know. Leaving tools, generator, chain saws - no.  For right now, yes, but "right now" shouldn't last much longer.  I need that laundry setup completed, done and over with.  

Well, it's almost time to leave.   





No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...