Tuesday, March 14, 2023

 Went to bed at 10:22 pm last night, woke up in the middle of the night, went right back to sleep and then woke up at...6:22 this morning. 10 minutes later, the hacking  began.  It go so bad that there were tears streaming from my eyes.  I wasn't in pain, exactly, just a physical response to so much uncontrolled coughing.  I got out of bed.  If I get up, I know it will die down or even stop.  I went even further than that, got in the shower, turned it to a nice, hot setting, got the room filled with steam and soothed my lungs by breathing the steam in deeply.  I learned that when I was single digit age with asthma.  My parents had no drugs to give me, it was get in that bathroom and turn it into a sauna or suffer, suffer badly.

Yes, it's early, at least by my current standards.  My head is still a bit groggy from sleeping so hard.  If I could have gone back to sleep, I definitely would have.  Go a week without sleeping and see how that feels, is all I can say about that.  Once you get a night where your body says, uhh, no, we're going to sleep tonight? You take advantage of it.  But the coughing prevented it and so I am awake and drinking coffee instead.

There is a trip to a museum today that I am going to with the mom and the boys.  Why? Because I want to.  Yes, there is  a lot to do at the property.  Oh well.  I'm going to Lowe's in a few minutes to get the stuff I was lacking yesterday and at least get that much done.  I'm guessing about 3 hours worth of museum trip, that should leave me time to get a few hours work done over there today regardless. If I do, indeed, get a couple hours of work done, I will be getting close to getting the laundry stuff done.

I think. Who knows? I haven't even started on electricity yet beyond installing the boxes for the outlets.  I don't "think" it should be that hard, but I've experienced obstacles on nearly everything I've done in that shed thus far.  

I've had no new reservations made in many days.  A few calls about long term of which I cannot currently help these people out with and one person that wanted an overnight stay - the park was full, I couldn't accommodate her.  


The best I can do under such circumstances is give them a place to park that has no amenities whatsoever at a very cheap rate.  People mostly don't want that when they're calling, they want that electricity, first and foremost and then be able to dump their holding tanks and fill the water tank up.  I haven't had anyone taking me up on that offer, but I make it anyway in case the desperation is so great that they'll literally take anything over nothing.  

Hipcamp will have 20 amp outlets. That's enough for those people to turn on their lights, run their refrigerators, etc.  it won't do all of that and run their AC - right now AC doesn't matter, it is cool at night once again. In fact, it's going to get cold again.  It's in the high 40's right now as it stands.

I've fiddled with my rates a few times now.  But basically, I want to raise the 50 amp trailers up to $475 before summer to make them pay for the ridiculous amount of electricity they are using.  It's pretty easy to turn the AC setting to a very cool temp when you aren't paying separate for electricity.  

My outdoor wifi box should be arriving today.  So, now that I think of it, I also need to get a bag of quikcrete and a 4x4 pole while I'm there.  An 8 footer will fit inside my SUV between the middle row of seats without damaging anything - I don't have the trailer and I don't want to go get it.  That trailer is going to need a new landing gear installed soon, it's so dry inside of the gear box you can hear the gears grinding. There are no grease zerts anywhere on the thing and no holes to try and force some in. I suppose I could drill a hole into the side of the thing and see if I could install a zert.  Not a bad idea, actually.  

The outdoor box is going to need electricity run to it - It's just nothing I can get involved with right now. It means running an underground line to the main meter assembly. Both of the meters have regular breaker boxes on them meaning I can install a lot of breakers in there if I needed to . I don't know if they did that because it needed it for the setup or they did that as a convenience, either way, it's good the option is in there.  Too bad it's so far from the shed, I could have just used one of those instead of having to add a whole new breaker box.  It's at least 350 feet away. 

I will just have to use an extension cord for now.  I'm also going to have to put some kind of sun-eliminating cover over that box to keep the direct sunlight off of it.  That won't happen this week but I am going to try to get the thing installed in there at least.  Maybe, lol.  

With all the expenditures I've had to continue to make, the business bank account is growing regardless. And doesn't include cash I have on hand.  A trip to the bank would grow it another 2plus grand.

I will help that along by selling firewood soon - instead of giving it away free, that was just the first cord and getting that laundry going.  Hopefully will at least pay for themselves versus a constant drain on finances, especially that shed.  I will be looking at the brand that Lowe's uses today for firewood to see how much a cord costs, pre-packaged and if they will deliver it to my park.  I'm guessing the cost is high and the price for customers would have to reflect that cost.  But if I don't try to turn it into a money-maker - convenience instead, maybe I can keep the cost down.  

I dunno, but that pile is dwindling and it will need replaced soon.  2 of the overnights stays have been digging into it and 3 long term have been using it as well.  I suspect charging for it will cause that usage to go down quite a bit. Shrugs shoulders, it's not an expense I should have to bear. People can go forage for free wood if they so desire, there is plenty of it on the property.  There are piles of it next to the walking trails.  Nicely seasoned as well.  



No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...