Sunday, March 19, 2023

 Church was great!  I mean, the message was a basic one but it spoke to my heart directly . The kids enjoyed church as well.  I took them to Applebee's as a final thing to do for Spring Break, which is over today. Tomorrow,  the 2 younger boys go back to school, the older one is apparently going to do things with grandma at some sort of festival.  And I will be forcing my @$$ out of bed early to get over there and get s*** done.  Let's try to get most of the wiring done tomorrow?  Maybe?  

Whatever.  As stated in a comment in the last post, I have thoroughly enjoyed not having to sit in a truck all day long, alone, being watched by idiots in a corporate building somewhere scrutinizing my every move, being watched over by all sorts of electronic devices and basically making driving a miserable experience. 

The answer to that is buy my own truck.  I don't want to do that, but I wouldn't have to be exposed to people I don't even know are watching me if they so choose.  No, they probably aren't watching drivers all day long, they are probably reviewing "coachable events", as if any of those idiots could teach me anything about driving trucks - from people that have never driven one.  They have no clue what it's like to sit in a vehicle for 11 hours behind the wheel and then spend the rest of the time in the truck but not in the driver's seat.   

When you buy a truck, you become married to the thing. You can't just walk away from it like you can from a trucking company's truck.  And from what I have learned from OO's, it's a very difficult time to be an OO right now with all the undercutting going on from foreigners coming to this nation to drive trucks - many of whom have no training driving trucks and apparently get some sort of pass with their license acquired from that other nation with far fewer requirements.  

Still, I could drive a chemical/hazmat truck and make very good money. Several job openings.  It's just the idea of going back to that.....

And anyway, I'm going to at least finish the washer/dryer setup before I make such decisions, but rest assured, the idea of going back to trucking, as unpalatable as it may be, has been in my mind in the last month or so. Haven't discussed it much here because I just can't get myself to cross that bridge - yet.  Trust me, if I start going broke, I will be back in a truck.  That's a no-brainer.  I'm not going bankrupt over my desire to just do the park and nothing else.  

It would certainly help my chances of getting a decent loan if I were employed with a sizeable, annual income.  I'm still on that "just need another" 14 -40 lots to live comfortably. The more, the better. Of course, you get too many and then you have to have employees - and that can be quite costly. 

I'll just add here the washer-dryer setup is getting close.  The problem is when you are running wiring, you are supposed to do all of it when you are doing it. That means the washer, the dryer, the light switches, lights, outlet for range, outlets for the cameras, everything.  

Look, I'm seriously tempted by this 4 day a week, 70k per year job training drivers. It has a curriculum, you just follow it and give your own advice, of course, after decades of being in the industry.  These new drivers are woefully undertrained and misinformed about the trucking lifestyle.  Many truck driving training courses are only giving the bare minimum to pass the CDL tests.  It teaches them nothing about the nuances of driving trucks. Maybe they don't want you teaching them that stuff, probably would have people dropping out if you tell them the stark realities of the industry?  

Yes, I can make a ton more money going out on the road and hauling hazardous materials, but do I want to? LMAO, if you've read this blog for any length of time, you will know that answer to that question is a definitive NO, LOLOL.  

Anyway, these antibiotics are dragging me down. They are doing their job but they are making me sleepy all day long.  I'm not using that as an excuse to do nothing tomorrow, just saying it's dragging me down. The benefits, however, are worth the trouble.  

I have tomorrow planned.  Lowe's - again - and then start hooking up the outlets.  Electrical outlets, that is.  Well, maybe I can bypass Lowe's and just take an extension cord from here for the day, pretty sure we have a few laying around that aren't being used.  I don't really want to go to Lowe's tomorrow - at all actually.  

That's all.  I'm done for the day, watching  a movie, chilling, hanging with friends, etc etc etc.  


No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...