Tuesday, May 23, 2023

 The grumpy people asked very politely if I would cut their grass tomorrow . That's all I really need, is a little mutual respect.  So I will do that early.  I got the water hooked up for the sink - but not without a lot of hassle. 3 trips to Lowe's, in fact. The "master plumber" sent me home with the wrong parts the first time.  Bypassing a bunch of junk, the third time was the charm. The wrong parts were in the bins and tho I thought I had the right stuff, I didn't examine it closely enough.  Neither part was the right one and I had to return them.

I got my money back - excepting it said I had bought 2 of each.  No, I did not buy 2 of each.  I bought one of each. Well, when I got back to the store I started looking through the bins.  There were wrong parts in almost every one of them. Like, people taking something, not wanting it and just throwing it back in the wrong place.  But, the caveat: they don't ever get put back in the correct place by employees, either.  

I went to the "Pro" desk asking for the store's general manager.  The dude looked at me and said, well I'll look for him but I'm the "division" manager, whatever that means.  No, he wasn't above the store manager.  I said fine, I will be waiting for him on aisle 43.  10 minutes passes, a man looks at me and says you must not know what you need, either?  No, I know what I need and I found the parts, but I want to show a manager the absolute chaos these bins are in.  I pulled out a handful of stuff from one bin - NONE of it belonged IN that bin.  

Well, he started asking me questions as if I'm sort of knowledgeable person about Pex pipe and fittings.  I said no, I am new to Pex stuff as well. But, he was simply asking if pipe that had been stored outside but inside of a shed would be alright? Well, it's HDPE and it should be fine, but I'd just check to see if it's brittle.  That was my advice and having had worked around HDPE for a dozen years I'd say it's fairly solid.  This dude that was looking for the general manager finally comes wandering back, looking for me.  So, I said find. Grabbed a handful of parts out of a bin and showed them to him. None of these parts belong in this bin and not a single part IN that bin is the correct part. Would you like me to show you more?

I wasn't being rude, I was making a point.  This is ridiculous.  Other people were nodding their heads.  They're the only game in town, I don't want to get run off out of there but I do want to show them what's caused me and other people endless irritation.  The man said he is new to the store but has worked for Lowe's for 22 years and was brought specifically TO this store to clean it up.  He gave me my money back for the parts that the front desk wouldn't refund.  I had no proof, but after asking if they have cameras on the self-checkout and him saying yes, I said fine, you can check the camera. I only bought one of each.  He said no, I believe you.  

So, installed the pex pipe? It's much easier than CPVC, I can see the appeal of it.  You can buy the barbed fittings and put the clamps on it - with the special tool - or you can buy the expensive fittings where you just plug the pipe into the fitting. Literally, you just push it in there and that's it. It's leak free.  I was actually quite amazed at how easy it was.  I would have done the whole place in that stuff if I had known.  I mean, yes, I've spent hours figuring it out.  

I think, now that I know it's not that difficult, that I will run a line of that pipe under the shed from the water heater and install hot water on the sink as well.  That will not be happening tomorrow, I have far too much to do, but I will put it on the list for when I get back.  I also will have to install a much larger AC unit. And the grass, gag. It's gotten so hot it's all half dead now.  It's hard to believe I have to start all over with grass again.  

I dunno, but I'm going to put the park out of my mind on vacation excepting to check cameras and deal with anything that comes up.  Ive got the older couple working with me and James will back me up as well.  The new people came in today, their 5th wheel is amazing.  It's brand new, 44 feet long and it's a beauty.  I've never seen on that looks like that before, they must have spent some serious money on that thing.  It has solid glass doors, dark tinted, that's a first for me.  

I've got my eyes on a 5th wheel.  It's older, of course, but it has no roof leaks and the interior pics make it look like the only thing it really needs is some new flooring. $1,200.  More expensive than that other one I was contemplating but no huge amount of work needing to be done to it - excepting - the slide out won't move back in.  So I'm going tomorrow after the 8 year old's graduation at 10 am.  I posted a question to experienced RV'ers in a  huge rv group to ask if they think you can pull a trailer for 30 miles without damaging it?  It won't need to go anywhere after that.

I also have a married couple wanting to move in to my tent camping spot.  Like, for a long time.  The end of summer, they said anyways.  I hadn't contemplated that but I don't see any reason why not, especially when they offered me $320 per month.  No one uses that site.  I have it listed in several directories but I only get people asking about it, only 2 people have ever camped there.  So why not?  I don't know the con's to having people living in tents, I will be looking that up.  

Uhh, there's more but I need to get some laundry going.  I want laundry done tonight and not have to deal with that tomorrow. 

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...