Thursday, May 18, 2023

 Well, I feel better today anyway.  Slept much better than the night before.  A week away from departure date, 

3 hours and 21 minutes. That's the longest leg of the flight to AZ and that's quite a long time to sit in cramped seating with my legs poking into the back of the seat in front of me.  Trust me, I don't like the fact that that happens, but I can't shorten my legs for a flight. I can try to slide them sideways, but then that gets very uncomfortable as well. The biggest gripe I have is my knees start hurting - badly.  

According to the 3 flights, I'm going to be crammed into an airplane for a total of 5 hours and 56 minutes.  So, not going to be a fun day.  The alternative is driving there and I definitely don't want to do that.  The point is the getting more leg room costs a lot more money and tho these flights are free, or a least, I didn't have to pay money for them out of pocket, I'm not really looking forward to it. There are one of two routes I will take: either take pain killers or have a few drinks.  Either one will help reduce the knee pain during the LA bound flight.  Probably pain killers will be a better choice, lol, we've all seen what happens with drunks on flights.

Not that I planned on getting drunk, I just don't want any problems with anyone and especially flight attendants.  

I do wonder if I shouldn't just start taking aisle seats so I can stick a leg out to at least get some stretching room?  They may not care for that, tho.  

Today, I'm going to go get dirty, dig out that trench under the shed and get with the vanity. It really needs to be finished and I can get my stuff out of the building and into one of the sheds. I'm going to have to stack stuff pretty high in the sheds, but it's a pretty bad look having all that stuff in the bathroom. Now don't get me wrong, the bathroom is rather large, it's just the way it worked out.  There is plenty of room for my tools against the far wall, it just looks a bit - ridiculous.  

I just know it's going to be a dirty job and oh well, get the dirt part over with and get the drain hooked up.  Or at least, get the drain up through the flooring and into the shed.  

After a couple of weeks, there's only about $50 in the machines coin vaults.  That's not enough to pay for itself and tho there are several people that regularly use the machines, it's not enough.  So, I'll call laundry a fail for getting more people in there.  An expensive fail at that.  When I say pay for itself, I'm not only referring to the monthly payment, I'm also referring to the electricity it costs to run those machines - washer and dryer, plus an electric water heater and an ac unit.  Now, the ac unit I keep set at a high temperature. 

If someone wants to cool it down more while they're in there, fine.  They don't ever turn it back up, tho.  We're talking a pretty good loss here that doesn't make that setup worth it, at least no to me.  There are workers that must just go to laundromats to wash their clothing.  The bathroom gets used regularly, but that's just a convenience.  It doesn't cost them anything and doesn't really do anything for my bottom line excepting to have it available and be able to list it as an available amenity. 

So I'm at the whatever point now.  It's why I am going to install this vanity and then? Probably finish the insulation, there isn't a lot left to do there and then?  Quit working on it for a while.  It's just drywall that needs installed and I see no good reason to pay anyone to do that and I am not that good at installing the stuff.  I wouldn't call the amenities shed a bust, but it didn't do what I hoped it would. Most RV parks have those amenities, so it might have been worth it to bring in a few people, it's not driving traffic to my park in quantities that would have made it noticeable after listing all the stuff on the websites. 

I'm getting a few overnight reservations here and there. Nothing like I hoped for.  Nothing is really going that well with it right now what with 4 lots empty facing another one leaving soon.  I've got ads running, everyone I know knows about the open lots, if they encounter anyone that needs a place, here I am.  What else is there?  I mean, when people are looking for a lot long or short term, they're basically going to Google.  I have my Google site covered.  

Ok. Well that doesn't help. Some of the options for reserving a space are showing no availability when there is availability.  I used incognito window to test all of them and fully 3 options came back with nothing available.  So, I went into the software and deleted all of those. I don't need them.  I didn't know they weren't showing anything.  However, after refreshing the software and yes, still showing that those had been eliminated? It is still showing those options on the website and still saying nothing. 

I have to wonder if this is why I'm not getting more business.  Other options show availability.  So, I sent  a support ticket and informed them what's going on, they can find out why their system isn't working properly. Note that on those options, I had them set up the same as the rest.  They should have shown availability.  This software stuff really aggravates me at times.  If someone clicks on one of the options that shows no availability, they are likely to just move on to another rv park. They have no desire to go sifting through all of the options. Even if I miss a phone call with an inquiry, I call them back they say "we found another place". 

Gag.

Well, hopefully they'll fix that and if they don't, they can tell me why it isn't working properly. That stuff should have fallen off of there when I changed it.  

I'm outta here.

G'day










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long before I got to your age, I decided that being uncomfortable on a plane simply because I was cheap hurt nobody but myself, and I quit doing it. True, we declined to pay thirteen THOUSAND dollars last month for American Airlines first class, but in general, money spent making the trip more pleasant for me is money well spent. This would be particularly true of free flights.

Happy Landings

BenB said...

Perhaps, but I didn't want to use all of my card points on an upgrade that would cost twice as much as the regular cabin fare.
The price of tickets has gone up substantially as well. I could probably upgrade if I really wanted to, but I figure I'll just suffer it out.

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...