Wednesday, May 3, 2023

 The new people already leaving - they've only been there a month and were supposedly staying a while - are moving on to west Texas. Lots and lots of oil activity going on over there.  It is what it is.  I collected the, pro-rated rent from them today.  They are leaving on the 12th.  So I'm facing the potential for 4 spots leaving this month - not a good thing at all.  They were all temporary to begin with, nothing much I can do about it.  I haven't had much interest in the latest go around of facebook ads with the boost that already ended.  

Beyond Facebook and Google, I don't really see much else that can be done to get the word out to people that are looking for long term.  I can only pray and believe more people will show up and stay a while.  I have a 3 nighter coming tomorrow and an 8 nighter coming the 20th for lot 12.  

I got quite a lot of the insulation done today.  It is quite tedious work, especially making the ceiling tiles.  The further towards the other side of the shed I got, the cooler it was staying in there. Still lots to go, I intend on having it 3/4's done - the entire shed that is - by tomorrow. The widths between studs is not uniform - which is kind of weird.  They're usually all the same distance apart. Some of the boards they used are curved so cutting pieces meant putting them over top of where they would go to cut out the insulation for the curve.  And a lot of other things trying to deal with that just made it difficult. 

Not complaining, really, just saying it, like many other things, is taking longer than I hoped for.  I don't even know if I'm going to try to do the drywall in there, but I'd like to get it up on the ceiling. It would help keep the heat out.  I'm not running the AC 24 hours in there. If someone wants to turn it on, be my guest but the thing doesn't get constant use and a waste of electricity to keep it cool in there all the time.  At least for now.  

I threw a bone to the grumpy people today. The maillady stuffed a package into the mailbox, I mean wedged it in there.  I got it out and it was for them.  So, I took it over there, left it on the table and then texted her.  We actually had a texting conversation for once.  It's been a while. I'm not trying to drive them out of there.  They may be grumps but their money is just as green as anyone else's.  

Tomorrow I'm just going to continue on with the insulation, excepting I need a small version of a caulking gun.  I didn't even know they came in 2 sizes, I just picked one up without really thinking about it. The one I picked up is made for giant tubes, the tubes I have are small ones that the big caulking gun round piece won't fit into. I opened a tube up today with a blade and then scraped it onto the insulation with a screwdriver. Yeah, that got old.  

There isn't much else going on right now. The school year is winding down, kids will be out the end of this month I think. Certainly no later than the first week of June.  The vacation is coming up - but still weeks away, not really going to think about that too much except a few new pair of casual pants would be nice or just plain ole' new jeans anyway.  I do think about the airline fiascos I read about frequently now and wonder if there is the possibility of getting bumped off of a flight.  It wouldn't really bother me terribly much if there were perks involved with it.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...