Saturday, June 17, 2023

 Saturday - 10:45 pm. 

Figured to go out late and find fuel. 2 stops. 1st, the lights were all on inside and outside of the facility.  So, I parked at a pump and walked up to the door which had a sign that read: WE ARE CLOSED, THE POWER IS OUT!!!".  Oh? How can your power be out and you still have all of those light on all over the place?  Weird. 

A mile away is a Chevron near downtown. It is always closed at this time of night but you can still get gas as long as you are using a card. I pulled up, saw the "OUT" signs on every pump, inserted card, pumped out 10 gallons of premium into the gas cans and another 15 into the vehicle.  James wants to use premium because it stops a lot of the problems you get with generators and using lower octane gas. 

Ethanol free would probably get rid of the problem as well.  There aren't many stations around selling ethanol free, but it's what they recommend in using for small engines such as lawn mowers and weed eaters and such.  No, I wasn't looking for ethanol free, I was looking for gas. Any gas.  I really didn't care if it was lower octane, just get something to dump into those generators, the heat indexes remain high and aren't going down any time soon.  

I don't think I even spent 15 minutes on that trip. Now we have enough to last through tomorrow.  It's getting expensive tho.  Still much cheaper and convenient than hotels and frankly, there aren't any hotels that are opened or if they are, they don't have electricity.  The Marriott Fairfield has an empty parking lot.  The Holiday Inn apparently has guests staying but they out and out stated they don't have power. I don't know about the Hilton brand hotel down there, not really paying much attention to it, but IF there ARE any hotels that have power in this town, they are going to be full.  

The 2 bedrooms with window ac are nicely cooled, we will all sleep fine tonight.  That's what I can say about that.  I have other focuses of attention tomorrow, but it won't be gee, we need to go get gas first thing in the morning.  I didn't do the whole house hookup, James seemed to think I should wait.  Okay...but...we could have whole house ac and have lighting.  The down side is it would load that generator down and make it use even more fuel in the process.  It's a matter of what do we want.  

No stove or range or microwave.  Air fryer, yes.  Crockpot, yes.  Grill, yes.  I'm opting for crockpot stuff. You can make extremely delicious meals in a crockpot.  Oh and we have an electric frying pan as well.  

Just a couple hours short of 48 hours since the power went out and potentially facing another 120 or more hours of no power.  This is why I would want to just power up the house.  

I'm going to have to back myself off from looking at all the news about this and everything related to it.  Kind of consuming my mind at the moment.  Definitely don't have to think about people coming to stay at the park, who wants to come to a place with no power? The people that reserved a spot called and said they were making other arrangements.  I told them I would refund their money.  

It's really unfortunate, the timing of this outage. We would have had that shed finished by now.  Easily would have had all the drywall up and probably the tape/mud done as well.  James was off this week, he isn't off this coming week....Oh well, at least the walls are drywalled in.  I really wanted the ceiling done to help keep out the heat transfer through that thin metal. 

Enough of this. It's after 11 and I'm ready to go to sleep. Hopefully this wicked storm they are predicting coming tonight will fizzle out or go off in another direction.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was an F-2.

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...