Saturday, July 22, 2023

 Before everyone got home, I decided I wanted to go see this movie that has all kinds of people going off on it or praising it, all for political reasons from what I can see. Cry Of Freedom revolves around a man who is an agent for the Department of Homeland Security who is tasked with finding pedophiles/unearthing sex slave trade operators and victims.  

I will be frank and I'm sure my conservative friends won't like me take, but I thought the movie was boring, monotonous, tepid and could have a far better storyline and acting for that matter.  But that's me, I don't typically go to movies to see docudrama. I go for action/adventure/horror stuff. I like some drama stuff as well, but only if it has a good chunk of action in it.  

I already know there is a huge sex slave trade going on all over the world and I already knew the US is the biggest country that it's going on in.  If the movie was to raise awareness, all well and fine.  I didn't see any Qanon themes in it and really didn't see much of a political take going on.  It was a man driven to save a little girl and he went to the ends of the earth to find her and free her.  

Anyway, I got my stuff done today excepting the socks. They are in the dryer. Everything else is done besides a large carpet that I had to drape outside to dry.  My room smells nice and fresh.  That was the goal.  Get it done before all these kids get here - it's 3 of them again - and before everyone starts using the laundry.  

So, the day was spent cleaning, making home made picante sauce (it turned out pretty good) and a giant pot of spaghetti sauce, no spaghetti noodles. I have that to eat for a while to come : )

There isn't much else going on and I'm out.  

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...