Friday, July 7, 2023

The decision was made.  I was to go get this DOT Physical/medical cert. over with - yesterday that is.  

It's funny when you're doing your own for no company they really don't require that much.  In fact, it was laughable.  Eye chart - 20-20 tho I could have read the line below the 20-20 line, blood pressure in acceptable range on the first try, a urine sample.  Not for drugs or alcohol, either.  After the assistant was done, the actual doctor came in, made chit-chat, laughing hilariously about the neighbor calling the police on us doing fireworks - the police never showed up.  

I mean, she was giggling endlessly on that one.  Tickled her feathers apparently.  She listened to my heart for 15 seconds and that was it.  No knee hitting test, no test where they check your strength, there was all kinds of stuff that a company-imposed/required physical didn't include.  Whatever, I don't need all of that stuff, my reflexes are perfectly fine, I have a little arthritis but nothing that stops me from safely performing the duties of a trucker. 

I left there and went straight to the Texas DOT DL office. No waiting, I handed her the documents and my license, she input it into their system, walaah. I'm good for another 2 years, I won't lose my CDL and all is well in the world.  It certainly wasn't time to just let it go.  And I would have been very hesitant to go through all the rigarmoroo I would have had to go through to get the license back.  

_______________

That was yesterday.  After that I went to Walmart for paint supplies, the sign shop to order a sign for the side of the amenities shed - people are confused about that shed and wonder what's in it,  over to Super 1 for a nice, cooked rotisserie chicken (only $6.99 for several meals worth of food) and then home. There was to be no work as I decided it was too soon.

I'm not sure I will work today either. If my head clears up, sure, if not? I am definitely not working with my head swimming around like this.  I'm not looking for excuses not to work, I really want to get out there and get back to getting some of this stuff done.  

So, I am thinking to go over there and get what I can, done. When energy leaves, leave as well, go home and just vegetate.  And nothing terrible energy consuming.  I've tried to find a way to bypass tilling all of that soil for sod and I can't find it. Every site says to till the soil 4 to 6 inches deep even for sod.  And raking it.  

Enough. Time to get with it.

No comments:

 Thursday - morning Just didn't sleep well again. I mean, I got some sleep just not quality sleep.   Got up a little later than normal f...