Wednesday, July 19, 2023

 Well....

The tiller worked, not great but good enough to spin the blades.  I went to work with it. Quickly found out the ground is much too dry to be tilling it.  I spent an inordinate amount of time with it and got maybe 30 feet in 45 minutes? I can't even imagine how many weeks it would take to till the rest of it at that pace.  I stopped.  When I realized the futility of it, it was time out.  It wasn't going anything near this slow pace when I was tilling right after rains. 

There isn't any real chance of rain around here for a while.  I don't even know what I'm going to do about grass now.  I think when you get to a point like this, you put on the brakes and you don't do anything until a clear picture/answer unfolds.  I'm going to keep looking around for a tractor for rent with a tiller attachment or a plow - disc assembly.  But I'm not going to waste as much money as that sod is going to cost until I have this right. That ground is hard and that is not ideal or even mediocre conditions for planting grass.  It's dried out, I would have to spend a lot of time and money in water just getting the ground moistened up enough to even think about doing that.

So I'm just putting it on hold.  I don't care if it stays on hold until it's time to plant rye grass. 

These people staying for a week showed up today.  It was pretty interesting the thing they were driving. A very old coach painted deep purple.  They paid the $150 and then I listened to their life story. They are poor, basically broke tho she gets disability.  He's going to look for a job,, they want to stay and asked if I could work with them on paying lot rent a couple of days late.  

Don't be confused here, I did collect what they owed me for the next week, but they are talking about staying long term.  Yes, I can wait a couple of days for the lot rent, I replied and they were happy about that.  

The guy that called several times last week wanting to come? Is coming tomorrow.  That helps.  Things might be starting to look up a bit.  A couple more and I'd be sitting in a much better place.

I easily found the water leak on the RV.  Just went inside, went to the approximate location where it was coming outside, found a panel, opened up and walaah. There is a water line going to the shower that came off of the fitting completely. I'm not saying it is going to be an easy fix, but it shouldn't be impossible. Just a very tight space to work with.  

Over to the sign shop, showed up there right as they were leaving? It was 12:30.  Weird. I did, of course, completely forget the stop at Walmart I need to make, oh well. 

Home - let the dogs in, quite hot outside then over to the property, deal with some things and then back home. 

I'm disappointed with the grass situation but I feel like it's out of my hands.  Realistically, I could water all of the remaining lots and get the soil loosened up. Just not interested in the water bill that will come the next month . 

Well. And now received payment from the tent people for 8 days past due and the next 7 days.  See? These people worked out.  I gave them a chance, they flew with it, she found a job and now I think I am comfortable in selling the RV to them.  She's lasted long enough at the new job to determine that they must like her work well enough to keep her around.  She has a really good attitude as well.  I'm very happy for them and I certainly hope the good things happening in their lives continues.  It is probably very much nicer in that air conditioned shed all day long than this ridiculous heat as well.  More reason for her to be motivated to succeed. 

I'm going to bed early. If I'm to stay up half the night, I might as well get whatever sleep I can before then. 

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...