Friday, September 29, 2023

 Friday - early

And when I say early, I'm talking 3:30 am rise.  Not 6 or 7 am. 

And I'm irritated. I have been irritated with these people for numerous reasons, but now it's becoming clear.  There is only one driver trainer here that I am actually supposed to train with.  

They have him training someone else this week.  The person that is responsible for signing off on my training isn't available until next week.  How do I know this? He doesn't work weekends.  He will sign off on this other dude today and then they might? get to me next week.  

The reason this is irritating is because this trip was set up 2-1/2 MONTHS ago.  Not 2 days ago, not a week ago, not 2 weeks ago.  They did it this way so I could have access to this person, his knowledge and experience and learn the correct way. 

Instead? I am going out learning about giant bladders today.  These are large plastic bags that hold thousands of gallons of liquid that they strap down to a flatbed trailer.  I won't be doing any of this.  I won't be pulling a flatbed and I won't be hauling bladders. The only good this does me is earn some money for a paycheck.  It does nothing to help me finalize my learning and go through "finals".

Finals is apparently the last day of training when you go with this official trainer. You get assigned a load and you have to do the delivery from loading it into the tanker to offloading it at the customer. If you can do that, you get signed off.  That isn't even in the works and it certainly won't happen this weekend since the trainer....doesn't......work......on.....weekends.  

So, I am facing another full weekend here either working or doing nothing.  Working? I've just done 6 days in a row and going on my 7th of work.  Not classroom training, working.  I haven't been sleeping, which is another story I've been talking about, last night being no different.

There are definitely bed bugs in this bed.  But beyond that, someone or something made a loud banging noise at midnight and I woke up and - never really got back to sleep.  Every day, I've been operating on 4 or so hours of sleep. This  makes me cranky.  I've got my last day's worth of lunch food in the bag ready to go for today, after this? I'll have to go to the nearest walmart or safeway some 17 miles away to buy more food on my dime.  

I don't want to work another weekend and more importantly, I don't want to be here another weekend.  

In fact, this is pressing me so strongly that I am just going to text them once they are in the office later on and ask them the "exit plan" out of here.  If they don't think I'm ready, fine, that's on them, actually. I'm a fast learner and I have most of this stuff in my head now.  I could probably do the entire load from loading to offloading and get all or most of it right.  The serious parts i definitely have memorized now. The biggest thing is making sure the dome on the top of the trailer is opened when offloading - unless - you are doing a pressure offload.  

There are other important things, but not destroying the trailer is the most important part. 

Anyway, I have more to say but I have to get out of here.

G'day












No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...