Friday, September 29, 2023

 So I'm here at the hotel. 

Downtown Eugene.  

It was the nicest thing available without spending a fortune. If you can believe it, Motel 6 was listed at $80 and I think it was America's Best Value Inn was in the $90's range. These are low quality, dive, crack-hole hotels. I might as well just stay at that facility at the trucking company, it's about the same.  

So whatever. It's a nice room and I hope I can finally sleep for once.  Or not?  

Who knows.  I just needed a substantial change from the 12 days of that horror movie called "3 Weeks In Earthly Hell".  If I would have known I would be staying here and ending up not getting home for 3 weeks, I probably wouldn't have come.  Instead, I would have started looking for something else in the local range. 

____________

A college town, walking to a Mexican food restaurant with rave reviews had me walking around young people frequently.  

The birria tacos were amazing.  So tasty and the bartender brought me some sort of sauce he says he dips his into, even more amazing.  I sat at the bar because there was no other seating available and why not.  I don't really care.  No one else at the bar but I struck it up with the bartender.  He looked to be a college student himself.  

He had no suggestions for things to see and do here, I didn't expect that he would but I asked anyway.  Back to my newest temporary home, I can hear nothing but the fan on the window ac unit.  If it stays this way, I will sleep well. Or even if I don't, I will not have to get  up at 3:30 am, I can get up whenever and the same Sunday morning.  I intend on at least attempting to getting myself to feeling better by getting some sleep.  

It won't be surprising to me if I just lay in bed til' mid-morning tomorrow and then get up, use the Keurig machine they have in the room - or go down and get the free breakfast. And come back up, get back in bed and screw all of this.  

I'm just tired and cranky. The Mexican food outing was fun but that's over and done with now.  Time to get ready to go to bed.  











No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...