Thursday, September 7, 2023

 Thursday - morning

The dog is settling in more and more as each day passes.  Last night, he decided he wanted to sleep on Addler's bed and he decided he wasn't going to wake me up all night long.  I'm just hoping to get him into a routine before I leave.  It's not going to be fun here when I do leave, but the dog has also taken a liking to James.  In fact, the dog will probably think James is the leader of the pack by the time I get back lol. 

It's going to get up to 104 degrees today. That's the real temperature, not the real feel.  Meaning exceedingly hot. I finally figured out why the circuit breaker keeps tripping on the shed.  Heat.  Not just the heat generated by the current going through the breakers, but the heat of the sun baking down on the box. It's in the direct sunlight all day long....

I wasn't even looking for that information, I was looking at something else when it popped up on my computer.  It makes perfect sense, for what the thing was doing was perplexing.  The power shuts off to the trailer and the coach but only happens when it gets really hot out.  Like what it's going to get today.  So, unless I find a way to at least temporarily shade that box, it's going to start popping off again this afternoon.  

Anyway, my finances are going to survive this month - I think anyway - just going to be tight.  No restaurants, no nothing, just stay home and eat.  It's this giant electric bill that's really forcing the issue with finances.  I can't wait until next week, it's going to start cooling off - I don't mean cool temps, exactly, just a lot cooler than it is now. Up to 15 degrees cooler.  That box won't be getting too hot, the breakers won't be shutting off and the amount of electricity being used will start to go back down.  I expect another high bill next month, but hopefully not as high as this one was.  

If everything goes to plan, I will start collecting paychecks before the next electric bill is due after this month.  The pressure - hopefully anyway - will be removed in wondering if I'm going to make it.  And frankly, I'm going to be pretty aggressive on saving money and paying down debt.  That means pretty frugal living even with a lot more money coming in, because it's going to go straight back out or stay in the checking account.  If the park checking account can stay untouched beyond the bills automatically coming out of it, I can save up enough money for an expansion loan in about 10 months.  

Well, I mean a 20% down payment saved up.  

I have bug bite humps all over my left leg.  It's crazy. About 75 bites on the foot area alone and then probably 20 more on the entire leg.  That should do it.  Meaning, not forgetting to both take with me and use OFF insect repellant.  Just spray it on my boots when I go for a hike and it's all good. Don't do it and I get - whatever it is - on me and in my shoes and it's a pretty uncomfortable time after that for many days.  

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...