Saturday, September 23, 2023

Saturday - mid morning

They were supposed to set me up to go with a trainer today, but that never materialized. I dunno why.
The other guy that was staying here left early this morning, flying back to Arkansas to get a truck and head out, supposedly back this way.  He wants to do long haul, lol, whatever dude and whatever makes you happy.  
So apparently my training doesn't start until Monday.  I don't even have confirmation of that yet, either.  Sunday comes around and I've heard nothing from them? I'm blowing up their phones.  I didn't come here to sit on my @$$ doing nothing, I want to do this training, get it over with and get the Hercules out of here.

Trucks are allegedly set at 75 mph, which means it won't take near as long as I originally projected to get back and won't be quite as boring as being stuck as one of the slowest trucking companies on the Interstate. But, I need to learn all this loading/offloading stuff first, I am starting to get irritated.

And then there is this computer. The 7th? update this week? Just cost another hour waiting for it to finish.  I found information on the internet on how to shut them off, why on earth does a laptop need daily updates that take forever to complete?  

The other guy said I would be able to learn easily all of this stuff.  I"m not worried about it, I just don't want to spend more than 5 days going out with whoever in the process. It's the same thing, over and over, 3 to 4 times per day, I'm sure 5 days of that is enough to get the hang of it.  Load, offload, washout, load, offload, washout, etc. These are local guys here, they must be getting paid by the hour for the other driver said it's only like 20 miles from plant to plant.  

I would think with that much hauling, they could just run a pipeline between plants.  They do it at the cryo plant I was working out of last job.  Some of those pipelines are quite long. 

Anyway, it's going to be a long day and I"m considering going into town to find something to do.  I don't really feel like sitting around here all day long and there is nothing to do in this area besides go across the street and order food. Or drink wine, lol.  

___________

So I'm writing this blog entry and some dude calls randomly. It's local area code so I answered it. I mostly answer anyway unless it specifically says "junk", "spam" and other useful information.  It's a local driver.  He says he'll be there at 10:30, be ready.  Huh?  They were supposed to call yesterday afternoon with this information, I was informed I would be going at 8:00 am but no one ever contacted me.

He started laughing...yup sounds like our company! cool dude anyway, sounds like it, so I'm getting dressed for working and will be meeting him out there at 11:00 am, he says it's going to be something like 8 or 9 hours.  Well whatever it is, I'll get paid today instead of sitting in this bunk house. Don't much care for the lack of communication from this company, nothing new in the trucking industry tho. 

I still have over an hour, lol.  He said it's only going to be one load and the rest moving trailers around.  What fun. I  don't need training in drop and hook, lol.

Offa here. Let the party begin. 















No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...