Wednesday, September 27, 2023

 Just when I had the thought that perhaps things are getting just a little bit better, here comes last night.  At 12:40 am, a banging noise. Constant, repetitive noise like the sound of a pair of shoes in a dryer.  So, that's what I thought it was.  I thought about going down there and doing something about it, but I thought twice about that.  Confrontation in the middle of the night at the trucking company's RV park. Probably not the greatest idea. 

So,m this went on for hours.  It was pouring rain out there and I couldn't imagine anyone doing laundry in this type of weather.  But after 2-1/2 hours, I thought, who would have anything drying that long?  You have to remember, I was dead asleep when this nonsense started happening and I wasn't really thinking that well.

Not to get sidetracked but btw, it's still pouring rain out there. 

I finally forced my @$$ out of bed, got dressed, went out into the rain and went into the laundry room. No one in there. Doors wide open on the dryers, but not a peep and nothing running.  I started looking around.  There it was.  The wind - still howling - was banging the damn door against a rock that was put there to hold the door open.  

I can tell ya that in that 2-1/2 hour plus time range I was laying in bed thinking about all of this, the thought resurfaced rather strongly to just not go in today and find the next flight home.  I knew I would feel like hell this morning and yes, it's rather hellish. The alarm went off, I was in a deep sleep and could have slept another several hours and probably would have.

I changed the alarm time for this morning after I got back in bed last night to the shortest amount of time I could do all of my stuff in, including drinking coffee.  So I've only got a few more minutes before I have to leave, get drenched in the rain and spend a day feeling so tired that I don't want to do anything but go to bed.  

That's it.  This is what I am facing today.  It's Wednesday, if you count today, 3 more days of this ..... stuff....in this.....place.....I really don't know how I'm going to make it through a full day feeling like this. There are no opportunities for a nap, it's just go, go, goooooo.

G'day.  











No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...