Friday, October 20, 2023

 Nothing fancy this morning.  Saturday - early and drinking coffee after already having had taken a shower and pretty much ready to go.  

So we have Israel going up against Hamas, Hezbollah allegedly going to join the fight against Israel, we have Russia v Ukraine, China threatening war against Taiwan and allegedly North Korea was involved in the initial assault of Hamas killing well over 1,000 Israeli citizens.  Anyone ever think we might be on the brink of a world war here?  Iran is threatening Israel as well, but Iran controls Hamas so that's nothing new or shocking.  

Biden claims Israel wants to "completely annihilate it's neighbors, completely annihilate it", which is a ridiculous and outrageous statement.  Israel has no intention of intentionally killing Palestinian people, they are out for Hamas, while Hamas is using it's ago old tactics of human shields, including the killing of over 500 people in that hospital. They're saying it was an accident, I have my doubts.  

"Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem".  That's the only thing I can do about this, trust that God has His plan in place, for the scriptures clearly say that Israel is the apple of God's eye and it becomes obvious with many scriptures through the Bible that Israel is his chosen nation.  God is the same yesterday, today and forever.  

Oh, it didn't take long to figure out the reason I don't pickup and deliver the product in the same day is that it's impossible to do so in 14 hours.  It's around 7 - 8 hours to load and that long at least to offload. Plus the driving is likely more than 11 hours. It doesn't bother me, I'm glad it doesn't all happen in one day or I would be running 14 hours every single day.  I wouldn't be working there under such conditions and I don't want to come anywhere near 14 hours on any given day.  Exceptions are ok if something breaks down or something happens at a plant, but certainly not on a continuous basis.

Well anyway, it's about time to leave.  The kids are coming home today or tomorrow.  The house has been quiet.  Taylor is heavy with that baby and suffering pretty good. Another week and a half and it's coming out.  I am just wandering through this current phase of life wondering why I am doing all of this, effectively working 2 full time jobs.  I know why I took this trucking job, but was it the right choice? It's kind of saving my @$$ right now, so at least temporarily, I'd have to say probably.

But did I seek God about what He wanted for me right now? Not really. I just figured it was the "right thing to do" and here I am.  So now, a little late in the day, I am praying and seeking the Lord His will concerning all of this and some direction about what I should be doing next. Keep working like this indefinitely?  I don't know, but I don't want to do this forever, that's for sure.  I don't even know if I could last a couple years doing this and the park.  

Time to leave.

G'day

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...