Wednesday, October 18, 2023

 Just have a few minutes, if even that.  I got up on that trailer yesterday after I got back to my Park and found one of the lugs had the pin missing on it that connects it to the trailer to keep the dome lid secure and snug. 

So, I'm getting that lug this morning (I don't know why I didn't do this last night, I think I just wanted to go home), running over to Napa, getting something to hold that lug in place and call it good until a correct pin can be located and installed.  It's only one lug, the trailer is loaded and nothing can get out of it, but still, it needs to be correct.

I am driving 2-1/2 hours to Gurdon, AR to meet up with another driver to do final training - well final for this run anyway - to see how they do things at that plant, how the plant wants everything done and a refresher on air-off offloading.  Not that I really need one, I've got that stuff running through my mind so I don't forget any of it, plus checking my notes occasionally. My main concern is getting the product to the right tank and not having any spills.  

Yesterday was a bit much as well.  The shipping plant didn't have enough product and was busy pumping it from one location in the plant to another so they could fill my tanker.  I was sitting there like 3 hours for them to do this and get the truck loaded.  That's a far cry from an 'hour or less'. 

Anyway, my time is running out here, I've been running around the house getting my morning rituals done so I can get out of here, the time to leave? Right now.

G'day

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...