Friday, October 27, 2023

 Friday - Mid morning

Woke up in a fog.  Didn't sleep particularly well, tho I guess cumulatively I got enough sleep.  

It dawned on me this morning that I had forgotten to turn in the last run paperwork.  Curious as to why they didn't contact me about it, other drivers indicated that if they sit on them too long, the company will come a calling to get that stuff turned in so they can bill it.  

That done, I am supposed to call the manager in a little while to find out about the truck. Whether I drive up there today is up to me, or it was the last time we spoke.  

I got a new phone last night.  My Iphone 13 had been dropped one too many times and actually had a hole in the back of it.  It's why I do the insurance on these things, it's almost guaranteed I'm going to do something stupid with a phone such as dropping it into a toilet or crashing on to the floor and have to replace it.  The insurance isn't particularly cheap but neither is replacing an entire phone to the tune of 7 or 8 hundred dollars.  

I actually ordered a new phone yesterday and some rep from Assurion brought it to me, same day service.  The process of switching phones is much easier than in the past.  It just accesses your I cloud account and starts migrating everything onto your new phone. I paid an extra $3 yesterday for increased Icloud storage so I wouldn't lose any of my notes.  It's the only way I know of to get your notes from the old phone to the new one.

I owe around $350 on that phone. Love to pay it off and get rid of a monthly payment.  Not in the cards atm and would rather pay off that washer/dryer set at the park and dump $220 per month payment right off the bat.  I still owe 4 payments on that set, maybe when I get down to 2 payments left I'll pay it off and ditch that payment.  Leaving only the the mortgage and the shed payment.  Still a ways to go on that shed, probably another year's worth. 

Another nice thing is that they don't require you to return the damaged phone for 10 days.  That's good because several accounts have been wanting to send a notification to the old phone asking for permission to do whatever to an account on the new phone.  I have to put the passwords in for everything on my phone, a huge downside to this adventure.  

I put 250 pounds of seed down yesterday, took several hours. I no more left the property and it started raining.  Light rain but after a while it transitioned into a moderate rain.  It rained pretty much the rest of the day, stopping here and there and went on into the night.  It may have rained too much, washing some of the seed away.  I will be checking there in a little while, waiting on a call from the manager.  They allegedly fixed the truck but he wants to be sure that everything is done right on it.  

I just realized that if I am only bobtailing up there with no trailer, I can go the Louisiana back highways and save a lot of time. Those highways have weight restrictions on them but nothing that will stop a bobtail. The lowest I saw coming back from El Dorado last time I was bobtailing was 10 ton weight limit.  Bobtail is generally around 18 to 19 thousand pounds.  It literally shaves off like an hour of driving time.  

Well, I'll deal with that when the manager gets back to me.  I am not going to tell him no about going up there and back, it's about 5 hours of driving round trip.  It's also paid driving, that is the plus side and I have the weekend off coming up.  Monday I have no idea what's going on.  

___________

Hours later....

Manager finally called back, said the truck is ready to go  - but - he doesn't have anything for me to do Monday (because the plant will be shut down), Ennis has a bunch of preloads sitting around but they haven't called for them yet and so, you can come up here Monday if you like.  That was my invitation to take today off.  

I went over to the property to inspect the grass seed. Yes, it had been moved around by the rain but it appeared much/most of it still there. This is what happened last year, I ended up seeding 3 times before I was satisfied it was thick enough to look good.  

I don't want to do that this year.  I will just put seed down the second round without any indication of rain and see what happens. If that seed from last year can come up without rain, then so can fresh seed.  

Went back to the bridge daydreaming about having a house built back there.  Then thought about building a deck for a glamping tent and then thought, well, that's all nice fine and dandy, but I really need to expand the park. 

Having no experience with septic, it finally dawned on me that I could, indeed, put more lots and connect to the existing septic, it would simply mean having it pumped out every 6 months or so.  So, would that be worth it with a $450 price tag for every pump-out?  I dunno. There is space right next to lot 8 on the north end for another trailer.  In fact, I could make it another premium lot and have a large yard with a pine tree on it to boot.  I've already got the pedestal and the wire, I would need to simply connect in to the sewer line and T into the water line.  I would also have to have a truckload of gravel brought out.  

Looking at about $1,500 to build it - cheap compared to the "normal" price but that's simply because the infrastructure is already there and I already have the wire and the pedestal.  In fact, the most expensive thing would be the gravel. 

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...