Sunday, October 8, 2023

 Sunday over.

One of the Quick Trip people called and said he would be paying for another month. He is no longer with Quick Trip, I found out, he found another job here somewhere and apparently is much happier with it.  Whatever floats his boat. Unfortunately, I wasn't at a computer at the time to take his payment and when I called back, his phone went straight to an "unavailable" message. Try again tomorrow.

One of the other tenants offered to take me to the airport and amazingly, even the kids wanted to go with us.  I don't know.  Maybe they like going for rides, they could have stayed home and played their games.  Wondered if the battery might be dead, vehicle hadn't been started in 3 weeks, but it fired right up as if I had just stopped in the grocery store.  

A couple called wanting a night's stay, of which I happily offered.  I didn't go over to the park today, mostly because I didn't get my vehicle until this afternoon and decided to just wait to go over when those people showed up.  So, yes, it's 9:30 pm, they just showed up 20 minutes ago, paid cash and I looked in dismay at the amount of overgrown grass and weeds.  I'll be out there early tomorrow if I can force my @$$ out of bed. Well, whenever I get up, I'll be out there spending hours mowing grass/weeds.  I thought about getting rye grass seed, we are into that season now, but there is no real rain coming for a while.  

Anyway, the weather is finally nice here so mowing won't wear me down like it does in 100 degree heat.  I have rents to collect and NJ people to confront.  Well, I won't start confrontational, but considering the situation with these people and what's allegedly going on with that "couple", well anyway, I'll just leave it at that.  

It doesn't take particularly late into the night now to get me getting sleepy and ready to go to bed.  

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...