Thursday, November 9, 2023

 Thursday - early

Going to Crosset, AR today to "learn how to load" the truck. I don't know why, they load the truck, not the driver.  I can easily go in there without any  help and just sit there and wait for them to - load...the...truck.  Unless there is something I am missing, but I am guessing it's because we've been sitting so long, they want to get us rolling and not thinking about finding another job somewhere.  

I dunno about that, it certainly isn't off the table and hasn't been off the table for a while, but I am not seriously looking for another job, yet.  I have looked, yes, but being very picky about what I would want in another job.  

So, I will be a rider all day today, getting the truck loaded and all day tomorrow, going to the plant to offload, which is where I actually need/want the training.  

Meanwhile, the ex QT worker had his trailer moved and not an hour later, the new people were already in there.  The mom already paid, I think the daughter has kids that she is cut off from or can't have them living with her or something like that.  She has a DWI - who knows what happened there - I think it's on the felony side of the issue.  However, as long as it's not a violent crime, I can take the people in.  Now, is she a real basket case? I dunno, you find out after people move in.  It's a nice trailer, that's what I can say about that.

The NJ lady was moving out yesterday.  But this went on all day long.  And she gave the door code to people that don't live there. One of which went in to use the bathroom.  She came out the bathroom door, made some sort of hand gesture towards the camera then went on this crazy flinging of the arms stuff and then walked out.  I sent that video to Taylor to see if I am being overreacting or if that person looks like she is cranking on meth - Taylor said drugs, lol.  

Like, I really need these people having the door code to my shed with tools and equipment in there.  If they are meth/crack heads, they are probably also thieves. The 2 go hand in hand.  You know that if you have ever been around those types of people.  

Then, late last night, a tenant contacts me and leaves a message saying that the dude that beats on the lady is over there as well. No, no, no.  I just contacted her, I don't care how early it is and asked her if that guy is over there, because if he is, he needs to leave now or I'm calling the police.  I'm done with this situation, over it, they are leaving and he needs to be permanently gone.  

Now, looking at the camera, she has people in there taking showers at 2:00 am.  Unbelievable. No, it won't wake anyone up, the she is far enough away from the trailers, it's the idea that she feels it's ok to just let people that don't live there taking showers and doing whatever the hell they please. And the person has a bag in her hands, did she steal my tools under the sink in the bathroom? I have no idea, but I will be checking when I've over there in a little, the other driver is picking me up from the park since he's driving a truck.  

She's a really nice lady, but this stuff is too much.  

Anyway, the driver said he'd be here "between 7 and 8 am". So that kind of made me get up at 6:00 am to get ready, sit here and drink some coffee and prepare my mind for going back to work.  I need the money and I need to have health care coverage, that is the only thing that motivates me to continue on with this ridiculous job.  

Whatever the case, since she is leaving and the tent lady is incapacitated at the moment, I have no income coming out of that behind-the-shed area now and that will hurt a bit.  I've looked at old trailers, yurt tents, camping tents, building cheap cabins, etc.  A basic cabin would be the best option to building something that someone could live in, we're talking plain Jane, has a toilet, kitchen, electrical outlets, a window AC unit that also has heat and that's about it.  

Or, furnish it as well with a bed, a dresser, a small kitchen table, etc.  

I dunno, just mulling things atm.  Cabins are popular, I get calls for them.  You have anything I can live in? Do you have cabins?  It's a cheaper alternative to staying in expensive hotels.  Even guys making good money, they don't want to have to waste it on $100 plus per night hotel stays.  The decent hotels in my area are as pricey as they are anywhere else.  Holiday Inn, Marriott Fairfield, Hampton Inn, etc, all expensive if you are proposing staying there indefinitely on a work assignment.  I would charge somewhere around $600 per month.  

Lol, it's after 7 and he still hasn't contacted me.  I'm guessing he's on his way and forgot to text me as promised. So, I'm leaving here soon, I don't want to hold him up if he shows up without having had told me in advance that yes, I am on my way, be there in X amount of time.  I need to get my boots, vest, hardhat and safety glasses ready to go.  And see if she has left yet - I don't think that trailer is out of there- and if that dude is over there.  The 4 night stay is leaving this morning, so another lot open, tho it does have some reservations on it, the next one isn't for like a week or longer from today. 

Oh, rain. Yes, it's going to rain. In fact, it should start any time now and basically continue on until tomorrow morning.  So, it will be a fun day driving in the rain! I'm not driving, lol.  Just a passenger today. 

With that, I'm closing this one, getting ready to leave out of here.

G'day. 










No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...