Friday, February 16, 2024

 I got on this 20 mile stretch of road that GPS told me would save time.  It was one of the most horrible roads I have been on in probably like the last 20 years.  It was so bad, it should be shut down until they fix it.  Live and learn, I will never take that road to Ennis again.  Other routes are an angled road that leads to Ennis back off of 20 or go into Dallas and hit I45 south.  Yeah, I don't want to go into Dallas if I don't have to.  Plus it showed an accident with a long back up, shouldn't have even been an option on GPS.

Everything went ok at the plant. 
A few nuances I needed to learn.  The air hose doesn't put out half the volume the hose up in Gurdon does, it takes forever to even get up to 22 psi and then it dropped all the way down to 10, where I shut off the valve on the trailer to let the pressure build up a bit again. 

It wasn't really that much fun and I really have to take a pic next time I'm there, which should be on Tuesday.  You see, where they have you offloading - which is the only place you could possibly offload, it's not like they can do it anywhere else, it's also a throughway to the back where trucks go to load whatever product they are making here, I think it's roofing materials.  

Yeah, there is just enough room for 2 trucks to pass by each other.  Not for the faint of heart for those in the back wanting to come back out, but this is their setup and I'm certainly not waiting for trucks to load and get out of there.  Sorry, but you can make it through, just take it slow.

One guy stopped and shook his head. They don't have very good management here, do they?  I don't think it's management's fault, I think whoever designed the plant should find something else to do with their lives.  

________

Many hours later, in fact, after 10 pm.  Kids came into the room, then grandma showed up with another one and we were watching a movie.  I dunno, but those kids better not get up too early and if they do, they best not wake me up.  I have 2, full, glorious days off and I don't need to get out of bed at 5:45 am or even earlier.  Although Monday I would love to swap with the other driver who won't show up til' many hours late anyway. Actually, he could just show up at his "normal" loading time and I will be done and gone.  

Regardless, I am tired after a long day and going to bed.

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...