Sunday, March 31, 2024

 Saturday mid-morning

The tractor situation has not changed. I'm not budging and neither are they.  My best bet, I think, would be to find financing to buy a used one on the market from private seller. If a dealership had something reasonable, I would certainly consider it but now that I've contacted Kubota and they have the same pricing, I'm out of there.  There's just no way I'm going to be able to justify to myself paying $425 per month for 7 years.  That's too long.  It is zero interest financing at least, if they could bring it down to around $300 I would go for it.  

Holy Saturday, the church has an Easter egg "hunt" going on at noon.  It's 7,000 eggs and they just lay them out in a big field next to the church. The kids line up, they run out when the word go is yelled and I can guarantee you that in less than 5 minutes, all 7,000 eggs will be picked up and hauled off.  It's one of those things where you need to be there a bit early, definitely not late.  They also provide lunch, probably hot dogs, chips and a drink.  I mean, it's free so I'm not going to complain about it. The kids haven't been in church in nearly a month now.  Just hasn't worked out with me working and 2 Sundays in a row, they were up in Arkansas with their grandparents.  

We did have a card night last night at a friend's house who just had a baby girl.  That was fun, even the kids were behaving for once.  

Oh, the taxes.  Yeah, they were closed yesterday.  I was going to pay online until I saw a $44 "convenience fee".  Screw that fee, I have until Monday and I intend on going in on Monday and paying via check in person. That eliminates that fee.  However, if they find that they can't be open on Monday either, I will just have to eat the fee and pay it online. 

I also already have the money to pay the electric bill which amounted to somewhere around $840 and change, if I recall correctly. Not bad.  It's about as low as it's going to go with that many units in there.  I stand to collect another 4 grand in the next 12 days or so, that will get my business finances pointed in a different direction than what it was.  Basically, the money needs to sit in there for high electric bills are coming.  On the 7th, I will also be finding out about my new pay rate via looking at a paycheck.  

Called planning ahead, last summer I had no idea that the electric bill would go as high as $2,500 in a single month.  Get some money set aside for that so it doesn't catch me by surprise.  I still want to install meters tho.  I've got last month's bill low and probably this month won't be crazy, May will start to see an increase in the bill and then comes June and there it is: super-high electric bills that will carry on for many months.  This is pretty much why I won't get into a high monthly payment for a tractor.  

No comments:

 Thursday - 8:00 am Funny how times flies when you don't want it to and vice-versa.  I got up this morning at 7:30, took a shower, sitti...