Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Still Tuesday lol.  

The boy was running all over the place on the soccer field, his team has a very good coach.  Very knowledgeable and very good with kids, even tho he coaches on a pro level.  Amazing a coach like that would even go to the kids sport level. I keep telling the boy he has an awesome coach and please listen to him.  I think he does listen, but I still want him to try and understand what kind of opportunity it is to learn from someone that has that kind of knowledge, expertise and skill. The coach is teaching basic level soccer, which is exactly what these kids need.  

Last year, the coach they had knew a little but really didn't have teaching down too much.  I give her kudos for volunteering and doing the best she could, I just find it a great opportunity to learn from someone who knows the sport inside and out.  

Anyway, it's the time of month to collect several rents.  I did try to get a small amount out of the tent lady's account, she owes me and she promised 20 times over she would pay me when she got the money - yeah it declined and the card company telling me to "do not try to run the card again". It was a longshot and there is no use in trying it again anyway.  My need to be able to run credit cards outweighs her need to rip me off, basically.  

The retired farmers either owe rent tomorrow or they leave. No clue, they don't socialize with anyone else in the park. Which is fine by me, people are free to do as they wish, I just have no pulse on what their intentions are.  

The dog is finally started to slow down, at least in the house. Outside he's a crazy barbarian, but, inside the house, if he wants my attention, he has to slow WAY down.  This has been a battle for awhile now, but I figured I would eventually win that battle and yes, it's working.  He's now coming and laying at my side and then, when I start petting him, he sits up and just takes it in. Good doggy!  

Late run tomorrow.  I mean, I'm not going to complain about sleeping in.  It'll keep my out later but since it's the Lufkin portion of the run, it shouldn't be terrible. I am not en-queue to take kids to any games or do anything but my normal stuff.  I am finding that the park - well it doesn't exactly run itself - but it does well enough if I am not available.  People don't leave because of my departures on a daily basis for points south or north.  I just tell them flat out, the park doesn't pay my bills, I have to work to make ends meet.  

Really? they say and look at me with bewilderment.  Yes, this is only 16 spaces, I'd need at least 3 times this amount to live off of it.  

Meh, I'm running out of steam, it's getting late and although I don't have to get up early in the morning, I'm done.  

No comments:

 Wednesday-late It was relatively quick, driving back to the house for fresh clothing, over to the park to hook up the trailer, down to the ...