Saturday, May 18, 2024

 I made it through 3 weigh stations today without being pulled over and yes, they were out in force. This was the final day of the blitz. The station in Texas had something like 8 trooper cruisers in there (you never see more than maybe 4 and that would be considered a large presence in itself) and a bunch of state employees.  I saw 2 men getting on creepers and sliding underneath trucks.  I was so glad that they were busy already.  I just slowly cruised over the scale at their designated 5 mph and never got red lighted, kept on going.

On I-30 eastbound, it was crazy. The entire parking lot filled with trucks being inspected, the Arkansas troopers doing the inspections and numerous tire and repair trucks replacing tires and doing repairs.  

Coming back on the west bound side, they had tents out there. Done gone crazy with this stuff, but they do it every year.  

 At the plant?  There was no emergency.  There was on earlier in the week but that had obviously been relieved. Both of their giant tanks were 3/4 full, that is a LOT of glue.  I drained my tank in and there was still room for another truck load in there and the other one about a truckload and a half.  That's it.  So, making me go down and load last night was really a waste of time, at least from this emergency standpoint.  I was in and out of there in about an hour and a half, not bad considering that's weighing in, going to the shack, hooking up, finding someone to sign off on the paperwork, draining the tank and reverse.  

The tent people approached me when I got back today, we really want to buy that motor coach!  I looked at him for a second and said, y'all aren't even keeping up with paying $10 per day to camp here, what would make you think I would believe you can pay for the coach and lot rent?  The mother got a job. I was told that last week, I haven't seen her but once on one of the notifications from the inside camera in the laundry room.  Maybe she is working, don't know where, I have no idea how she's getting to work or how much she's making. All of those questions and more would have to be answered before I would consider it. The up side to it is I wouldn't have to do anything to the coach. They want to "rent to own", which I won't do, I'll just flat out sell it on payments (that way I'm not responsible to repair anything).  

If you do rent to own, you are on the hook for anything that breaks, I thought of this before I rented to the tent lady that skipped out on me, took her money and ran. What pathetic people and liars too. Don't get me started on the tent lady and all the promises of paying me back....

Not to mention I don't have a place for that thing. I won't put it in the regular RV spaces.  I could run another electrical line to it somewhere out back there if I do the trenching project with the extra electrical panel, but that's electric only.  I wouldn't let them have water in the thing for there is definitely not going to be another sewer line put on the septic system. It is at or even beyond capacity.  

Anyway, not a terrible day today.  I didn't have to get up super-early, couldn't get on the block before 8:36 am so I got up at 7:30 instead of 5:30, which is what I will be doing tomorrow morning.  It's been raining all afternoon - both up there at the plant and here at home.  It started raining on me as soon as I hooked up the delivery hose to the trailer.  

We all went to the youngest - concert I guess? - the entire 1st grade class got up on stage and sang several songs that they had obviously practiced and did quite well at considering they are 7 year olds.  The workamper seems to only want to clean up stuff and cut grass. I'm not balking at that, but soon there won't be that much grass to cut and I'm going to want him doing other things.  Remains to be seen if he'll do them.   I could keep him eternally busy over there with all kinds of different projects.  


No comments:

 I basically fired the park hosts today.  Allen and his wife are long since gone, he came back once after 3 weeks of being gone. His daughte...