Friday, July 12, 2024

  I ran the old phone on T Mobile all the way up and back, streaming YouTube videos. I wasn't exactly paying attention to them, I was seeing if there were any stall spots, of which there were none. Further, it worked better than Verizon network at the plant.  

The next test will be going to Natchitoches and Lufkin tomorrow.  Verizon has - had - excellent service in Lufkin.  The hurricane messed that up but I'm sure they'll get it back up and running soon if not already.  

The third test will be going to Galveston - if we are indeed going there.  There's some discussion in the group that it will be flooded, of which I balked at. Then they said it's "going through Houston". I sent live cam pics, 59 and 45 are fine.  Not to mention we are going on the 19th, that is a long time from now.  People get things set in their minds and it's like you're talking to a brick wall, even with proof that the fears they are experiencing are not realistic. 

I dunno, if we don't go there apparently we are going to Broken Bow. The time is running short for making reservations and the prices go up the closer you get to any intended departure dates.  Just throwing my hands up, we are going somewhere, I guess.  

Allen is working on the front. It's slow progress, not exactly easy to mow over that stuff, but he is definitely making headway.  He's trying to get a clear line of vision to the dumpster.  The only thing about that is, if you see someone dumping in the dumpster that doesn't belong there, it's too far away. By the time he would get there to confront the person or identify their vehicle? They're already done and gone.  

Republic wants $201 to move the damned thing.  Like, will they have a problem if I move it myself? I can rent the trackhoe for the trench and move it with that and save myself a chunk of change.  They responded to my query to move and left a phone number in the return email.  It's late now, I will call them tomorrow and ask if they have an issue if I move it to another location and just let them know where it is?  I can just chain it, lift it with the bucket and move it without damaging it.  

I dunno.  I've got 3 more loads before vacation. Working tomorrow and Saturday, off Sunday and then work the 4 days after.  Then 4 days off and honestly? I'm going to have to consider using that Monday that I was going to use for recovery day and work at the park, dig the trench and get other stuff done with the trackhoe.  

_________

I'm sitting here watching this Biden press conference. He spent 7 minutes bashing Trump in a pre-scripted diatribe of complete and utter bulls***.  He cherry picked quotes from Trump - and when I say cherry picked, I mean he took a few words out of sentences Trump made or a sentence out of a contextual set of sentences that Trump made.  Just utter hogwash.

Then, I heard him refer to Kamala Harris as "Vice President Trump".  I did a double take, wondering if I heard that correctly and sure enough, 5 minutes later the news already had it on there.  He mumbles, he's incoherent on some of his sentences. I am curious to see how his democrat detractors - and there are a lot of them now - are going to view this presser.  It's getting boring, I didn't think I would last all the way through this, he's 33 minutes into it, but I'm going to stick it out to see how he handles a lengthy presser and how long it actually goes on for.  I also saw him start yawning but feigned it as picking at his eye to try and cover it up.  

Look, the man has no business being the Oval Office making decisions that can permanently affect the fabric of our society, that can affect our standing in the world, our economy, financial markets, etc etc etc. Do you really believe that he, as Commander in Chief, could deal with a China or Russian uprising? 

Enough of that for now.  A person called, missed the call (I was listening to content at the time on my old phone), called them back, no answer, then they texted me. We're here.  Huh? Expecting no-one, they just showed up to take a lot, lmao. I mean, if someone shows up and there's something available, they can take it. No guarantees on that, obviously.  But, it was the last available lot.  

I do not have a reservation until the 3rd of August.  So the place is long term. These people said they are there for a month, another is also a month, the rest in the park are either "permanent", very long stays or there indefinitely.  People come and go, that's a fact.  

Tomorrow is early load.  Up at 5:30 am, get the day done as fast as possible and get home to....well the munchkins are coming back tomorrow, I doubt they will beat me back unless I have another breakdown or some sort of ridiculous nonsense at the plant?  Load tomorrow, offload Saturday, Sunday off and then Monday and Tuesday - late loads again.  

No comments:

 Thursday - early It's days like this when I wish I wasn't working.  I woke up a couple times last night but it was short lived and ...