Thursday, August 15, 2024

 Thursday 2:00 pm

It would help if I would get out of bed at an acceptable time of the day, but my sleep sucks so bad sometimes that when I do finally get back to sleep and I don't have to go to work? It could be near 9:00 am before I wake up. The plus side is that I feel ok compared to getting up at 5:30 am and  being tired.

But, I had to get over there for them to replace that tire.  They got that done and I got busy working on the tractor. I shifted to the back side tho, nothing on the front.  I went over that for quite a while before the machine started heating up, so I took it near Allen's place and parked it there.  

Then I got into a conversation with them about everything going on, they started working on the riding mower. Another pulley, this time on the transmission belt, had gone out.  Sure enough, that pulley was frozen up, half of it had melted with the belt still spinning around it. I wouldn't say it was a simple fix, it was not. Had to remove the entire cutting deck to even get at it.  But, they got it done and it's working again.  

Hopefully it will work for a while this time.   

It's hot outside.  The real feel is 108 and it felt like it.  4-1/2 hours out in that and I - along with everyone else out there - had had enough and I came home.  

What's next? Well, I could go back later this evening when it cools down a bit and do  more tractor work. I have that CT scan tomorrow morning so,....I probably won't do that.  I got a lot of those sweetgum trees down, that is the biggest objective. Some of them aren't coming down too easy. They are starting to get a good root system and it doesn't help the ground is dried out.  No rain and none in the foreseeable forecast. It's that time of year....

The coach people are still in the coach. They must have ran out of gas and money last night, the generator wasn't on and I was interested in how uncomfortable it must be inside that thing without AC going.  They have until Saturday, if they don't leave ... they will leave.  I have the statute reference now, it specifically states RV park on the trespassing statement, they will leave.  I get the feeling there is going to be a problem, I hope not, just a feeling. 

There isn't much else right now. The only other thing are these pills. I haven't taken one yet. I am a bit nervous about it TBH.  

So, I may write more later, I am attempting to get the nerve to take one of them. My manager gave me some interesting news on that that. He also has serious side effects with certain antibiotics but flatly told me he's been on this prostate stuff for 2 years without a problem. So you have to keep taking this stuff indefinitely? Gag. 

No comments:

 Thursday - early It's days like this when I wish I wasn't working.  I woke up a couple times last night but it was short lived and ...