Monday, August 17, 2020

 So, run done - 4 hours and I did it solo at the unloading plant so I am proud of myself that I only made on goof up and nothing serious and easily fixed.  I was trying to vent the emptied trailer before turning the actuator switch to the off position. It would have vented for a long, long time lol if I had tried to keep doing that. Realizing the error of my ways, I turned it off and it vented down within a few minutes.  

You can't really mess up too bad without them catching it. They are watching you on the multiple cameras they have installed everywhere. They can see the panels on the trucks and what you are doing. The other driver told me no way was he unloading solo today and demanded from the company that he be sent up with another driver again.  I found it refreshing not to have to follow someone all the way up and all the back.

So now, I'm at the hotel, taking a quick break to eat dinner from last night. There isn't much to eat in these parts without having to either order ahead of make an appointment for sit down, I basically bought this second meal yesterday so I would have something to eat either last night or after work this morning. Considering I crashed - heavy - early - yesterday at 5:30 pm, I wasn't exactly going to be eating last night.  I feel a lot better today just from getting a lot of sleep - a lot more than I have been getting anyway.  A lasting trend in the direction - more sleep - would be nice.  

I'm 263 miles from Bozrah, Connecticut, that's where the terminal I'm going to is. I have zero details of what I will be doing, presumably hauling some sort of chemical but it's guaranteed not what I normally haul out of Texas and whether I will need training or not, who knows.  I seriously could have just spent the week out here and have been very happy about it now that I know I can do the connections and disconnections at the receiving plant by myself with no supervision.  To have to start over somewhere else is a bit disconcerting.

Talking to the other driver a few minutes ago, he wants out of here.  He called our manager and told him to have him buy a ticket on thursday to fly out of here on either Saturday or sunday.  I'm not making any such demands even tho I'm fairly disconcerted with the equipment here, I can deal with it. I might vent a bit here and there, but I can make it through the week. Making through another week remains to be seen.

My real concern right now is if we're going into either New York City or Boston from that  yard in Connecticut. I have zero interest in either of those places as far as work is concerned and people are being murdered frequently now in NYC and crime rates have skyrocketed.  Deblasio is a freaking idiot, the people living there should get a petition going for a recall.  But above and beyond that, NYC is the worst city in all of America to drive a truck in. That's a fact.  If you ask a truck driver cities they don't want to go to almost immediately they will blurt out NYC at the top of their list. Boston and Chicago will be right up there as well and then LA.  I've done all of them, none recently and hope to never have to drive a tractor trailer rig in any of those towns ever again. 

Okay well, done with lunch, time to pack my things and get out of here. 

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...