Monday, August 17, 2020

 The layers of bs just keep piling up.

I was sent down here - Bosrah (?) Connecticut to haul cryogenics, I found out after I got there. great, that's all I do anyway.  Cool, the lady manager replies, they said you've done Oxygen and Nitrogen.  Uhh, no, and I've never told anyone anywhere that I have.  I doubt it's much harder to learn than Ethylene, maybe easier actually, especially Nitrogen.  Oxygen - well that stuff is kind of different.  

I felt as if I had driven 270 miles for nothing. That was the length of the drive down here, I stopped for nothing, just wanted it over with. Drove straight to the plant to talk with her about tomorrow.  

Just another page in the books of time of failed communications and not on my part. For no one asked me those questions, they could have looked it up if they had wanted to, I think they were trying to find a way out for the obvious calculation error they made in needing two more drivers up there in Vermont. 

It's 5:30 pm, I just got done eating at a local restaurant, food not bad, not great but it filled my gut and I was hungry.  Place completely empty, I thought it was closed at first.  

Oh, and I'm now staying at a 6 story Holiday Inn.  Been 40 to 50 years since I stayed in one of these, everything else has been Holiday Inn Express.  The room is huge, the carpet is nice and well appointed. Much better, actually, than the Fairfield Marriott I just got done staying at.  But they have the same policy here: We don't go into your room while you're staying with us. The dude was completely apologetic saying that and was extremely helpful. For when I got to the room, I found a Keurig machine - with no coffee, no coffee cups and no creamer.  Wow.

I went all 5 stories back down - I asked for the highest up room he could give me, this was it, the 6th floor is obvious suites and probably much more expensive - he said yes Mr. B, I will be pleased to go get you a bag full of stuff! Do you like half and half? Yes please and no sugar and no decaf. Sure thing! Several minutes later he came back with a bag, but declared he needed to go to the - closed - restaurant and get the half and half.  So I followed him to the entrance of the restaurant - definitely closed and that was my guess before I even came here, hence going to a restaurant and eating dinner first. 

He comes back with that and says, well, since you have the ice bucket with you, I can go get you that too! Oh, no worries, I just didn't know where the machine was.  He insisted that the ice machine was right there in the kitchen and no bother! Service with determination and a smile, gotta love that! Sure, why not!

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.  Why? Because I'll be back at the bottom yet again. After learning all that stuff up in Vermont, it was rather useless, being directly sent down here.  I've kept a good attitude about it while around all of these managers and other people, I will vent about it here. For I have never seen such mismanaged, miscommunicated, misdirected waste of resources. Okay, I have but this is really quite ridiculous.  

They didn't need us up here. That's the fact. 

The other driver is whining to high heaven, tired of hearing it actually.  Just more of the same after yet another conversation with him.  ON and on and on, he should have just said no thanks, I'm not going anywhere.  He said I was making him look bad.  I thought but didn't say, probably.  I am not demanding to go back this weekend. I may end having that done but right now, if my sleep comes back to me I will be good to go tomorrow. Yes I hate the idea of having to start over and fill my head with all kinds of new stuff - but at the same time, it's kind of intriguing. 

But, ethylene is back in full steam and has been  back since before I left. 

Whatever. I have online training to do now.  There are certain courses you have to take to be able to get into certain plants.  I figured I had done all of those courses, but apparently I haven't done this one.  Or more than one, I have no clue.  It's still early enough, but I want to get that over with. I have to be at the plant at 6:30 am, a bit more merciful than Vermont, to get a tractor and apparently follow another driver to deliver - whatever. I'd rather do Nitrogen, oxygen is really bad stuff, actually. You really need training for doing that stuff.  











No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...