Monday, August 24, 2020

 I was dreading tonight's work. Start the second load at 9 pm?  Gag It's a 24 hour operation on both ends. International Paper never shuts down that I know of and this natural gas company doesn't either.  I got the first load done easily - by 6:30 pm. The second load still 2-1/2 hours off, I asked the plant operator if it would be possible to do it now? Lol.  

I'm only awake because there has to be a wind down period for me before transitioning to bed.

He said, well, if you can do us a favor and move some trailers around?  Sure!  He came out and pointed out what he wanted done and I got to it, got it done quickly and got under a loaded trailer - and got out of there.  I mean, it was still almost midnight before I got back to the hotel here, but it's better than what would have been almost 2 am.  

Not to mention they have me loading tomorrow at noon thirty, that was more reason to want to get back as early as possible.  

Oh by the way, I was informed today that I could stay up here indefinitely.  The other driver has been moaning, groaning, bit****, complaining endlessly about going home.  I'm not near as needy as he is.  Yes I'd like to go home, but not that bad.  He's made himself a nuisance to the boss and I made the disclaimer today that he doesn't necessarily speak for me.  That's when the boss said "you can stay up there as long as you like" - after having had sent us both texts with flight information back to Texas.  

After I told Taylor both that I'm coming home and that I could stay up here as long as I wanted, she said "you could stay another week and make another $2,000!".  Well that threw me for a loop.  I miss my doggies, buy I doubt they are missing me lmao.  The lady that is visiting is staying in my bed and Addler has been sleeping with her every night, I found out today lol. I figured she was sleeping in my room, I didn't figure my dog was sleeping with her. 

I dunno how she can deal with it. He will literally push your ass right out of bed lol.  And he starts this shaking stuff - his whole body just starts moving and grooving while he's sleeping, constant, non-stop once it gets going.  Taylor reported to me that they have given him no human food and it finally appears that he is losing weight.  

Here's my question to myself: Do I stay up here another week, until next Friday?  I'm really thinking about this.  The flight back isn't until Wednesday noon thirty, I think.  Could I stand another week up here, well a little longer than that, but without this whining baby driver in the picture? That would certainly make it more palatable.  There are 2 caveats tho, that I must have: a kitchennette -move out of this hotel and into a kitchenette and go grocery shopping - and not lose my truck that is - I hope - sitting there in the yard in Texas.  

I'm going to make up my mind tomorrow one way or the other and then ask Taylor about the dogs - tho she doesn't really care if I'm there or not, James has been taking care of them - and if it sounds good, I may just ask the manager to cancel the flight and let me stay up here another  - 10 days actually starting tomorrow.  

Wait! This IS Tuesday! Tomorrow the flight leaves at 12:25! What the Hercules was I thinking? It's easy to lost track of time up here.  

Okay I'm getting off of here. I don't even know if they can bow out this close to a flight. 

But I have to think anyway and make a decision.









No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...