Saturday, June 19, 2021

The youngest woke me up this morning with death curdling screaming at the top of his lungs. I was in dream land, haven't a pleasant dream at that, sleeping in - or trying to anyway - for the long day ahead of me. I'll be driving until at least midnight tonight in trying to get down to Brownsville.  

That's a wake-up-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-bed moment.  Like, pissed me off type of thing. Whatever happened, did he have to scream like that? Turns out? He was screaming because he wasn't allowed to have a waffle.

THAT kind of unbelievable screaming over a waffle.  

Onto other things. 

I found a site where RV parks advertise their parks - for free I might add - including numerous pictures of each site.  I typed in my area and started looking at some of the places.  I couldn't believe how junky and plain all of them looked. Not a few of them, all of them.  There was one place, I take that back, that had gone way overboard.  It looked too aesthetic.  I mean, just a turn off. There is a mix of finesse and nature to be had in any of these parks.

It is  considered camping after all.  But, having said that, some of them do really well. 

One of them, down by a town called Diboll -it's the road going down to Brownsville along 59 - built a new park last year and I wanted to definitely see that one.  He has that place 2/3rds filled up all the time.  Location is the only thing I could determine and after looking at the pics - location is the only thing he has going for him at that place. Or her, no offense to anyone's gender.  

I can see why campers are always complaining about being set in so close to the next camper on either side. I may waste some space in leaving up small stands of trees between site, but the loss is the gain.  People will have 70 foot long pads, 40 feet wide.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have any of the places you've looked at planned far enough into the future to have installed charging ports for vehicles?

I haven't heard of any electric RVs in use, but if buses and trucks are going electric, it isn't much of a stretch to envision the switch.

Dunno if an electric powered pickup truck could pull a trailer of any size any appreciable distance.

So likely its a problem for the future.

BenB said...

I forgot to add I made this post yesterday, didn't finish it for I had something else on my mind this morning which has also been posted. Umm, I think with 50 amp outlets on the pedestals, charging ports for electric vehicles won't be a problem. Something worth looking into tho, thanks for the heads up.

BenB said...

Oh, and not, none of them have that I could see. It's nothing really existent right now as far as the RV'ing world goes. I don't know if they have electric RV's planned in the future. Most of the parks I see are older parks and many of them have limited setups that definitely could not accommodate installing charging ports.

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...