Thursday, June 17, 2021

 I have determined my pad angles to go in at 45 degree angles.  Some advocate for 30, 35, 40 and at max 45 degrees.  Personally I'd put them all in at 90 degrees to the driveway the same as truck stop parking lots but people apparently don't much care for that.  I think too much of an angle looks tacky.  45 degrees is the consensus for the higher end - less of an angle.  I simply don't like 30 or 35 degrees and 40 is just a tad much as well.  If you can't back an RV into a 45 degree angle, you probably need to take some backing lessons.  

I've read countless forums with these people who have never driven much less backed an giant, 42 foot RV, they don't want to learn and they want pull throughs.  Oh, I'll give them a few pull throughs.  They'll pay $65 per night for the privilege of me wasting that much space.  Actually, I may not do pull throughs.  The width of that area is almost 200 feet, I cannot possibly fathom wasting almost 200 feet for one pad.  That's a bit ridiculous.  

I'm going to have to think how I can do that.  I want a few pull throughs I just don't want to waste so much space!  Yup, I'm just going to have to dwell on that for a while and ask some questions from someone with a different perspective and just try to think of an answer to that. 

Because now, I'm thinking that there can be a huge amount of space between RV's parked on one side to the RV's parked on the other side.  Buildings could be put up in between in the future if the operation ever takes off and upgrades are desirable.  Bath houses are very popular.  A pool - very popular.  Yes, I could fit a pool in between pads with 60 feet of space.  We ain't talking a huge pool, too expensive and maintenance also expensive the bigger they get.  

It was what I was thinking about today after everything else I have contemplated.  A 60 foot wide space leaves room for a party room, a bath house, a pool, a playground, a dog run, all of that and more. You are talking about almost 1,400 feet of length by 60 feet wide.  That's a lot of room!  It never really dawned on me until a little while ago how much space I will have in there.  It would be a totally unique setup as well.  

See, some people don't care for walking trails for dogs. They want a fenced off dog run.  I'm like, wow, the possibilities here!  What kind of appeal is that? A dog run and a huge walking trail for people and dogs to walk.  

Think gondolas with picnic tables and a rentable party barn.  No, that party barn would have to go in the front away from the RV's. Strike that one.  That's another thing I don't know, is there a minimum setback from the roadway before you can put anything in? Like in Phoenix, it's 25 feet.  But this is county land and I couldn't determine whether that's mandatory or not.  Not from looking at other properties anyway.  

Oh well. My mind is wandering with this one.  Far more possibilities with this particular setup than Finklea.  

My realtor today?  Said she had "NOT" prayed for patience with everything we have gone through lmao.  I think she is near done with this.  She has stuck through this and put up with a lot of crap. NOT from ME, thank you, I have been very grateful for all of her help for which she has received nothing as of yet.  

This property isn't being divided, there is nothing "new" here as far as the title and the property goes, aside from the mandatory appraisal and possibly needing a current survey, this deal should go through.  I am confident I can work out the issues with this gas well dude, he seems to be open to working with me.  He claimed he was anyway and has toned well down from his initial "barking" about access and that gate. HAVE YOUR GATE, JUST NOT THERE, thank you. I don't get the damned resistance abou that ...... gate.  PLEASE. I do not want anyone messing with your operation any more than you do! I have attempted to fill this guy's head with that fact, I have no interest, whatsoever, in disturbing their operation.  The only way that could occur is if someone ran into something there or if some malicious act with intent to damage or destroy.  IF someone has malicious intent, that isn't me and that person could easily get to that property from other properties to the south, east or west.  

I am ending this, for I will fill my head up with so much stuff to ponder that I will never go to sleep.  I have to go to Brownsville tomorrow - thankfully now that I think about it - a later load time at noon.  Thankfully because I  know that on the night before a Brownsville run? I usually don't sleep well. I have NO idea why that almost always happens, but it does. And now that I have filled my head with all kinds of fresh ideas that I can do nothing about right now but will dwell on it anyway? LOL.  Literally just started thinking about some of the stuff I wrote in this entry and now I will have to engage myself in looking up even more info.  I won't do that tonight but I know I will sit lay in bed pondering it, going down endless rabbit trails of thought and attempting to figure things out.  Especially that pull through dilemma.  

Hmm, Brownsville trip will give me plenty of time to think.  There ya go, BB, think about it tomorrow, not tonight when you are supposed to be sleeping!

G'nite. 

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...