Thursday, May 26, 2022

 So a few new things today.

First, I can get the guy that does the drone videoing and taking pics to come out tomorrow if I can get back early enough.  He said he is quite flexible so if tomorrow doesn't work then I'll just do it whenever I can, it's not a top priority, at all.

A place that sells those "sheds" that look like small buildings has a 10X16 for only $250 down and low monthly payments. I haven't decided on it yet, it's kind of small and I am not sure what I want to do yet.  I'd really like to have at least one bathroom with a shower in it to start with.  And at least one washer and dryer?  I dunno, that's really just up in the air right now. It's a decent looking building at least.  

My labs came back - the lady called me earlier today.  She said who she was and I blurted right out: Is there any bad news?  I want to get that over with.  She said, well yes, (instantly bracing myself for whatever was about to come out of her mouth): You have high cholesterol. Wait, is that it? Nothing else wrong?  

She went off on a long list - no HIV - which took me aback.  I didn't ask for any sexually transmitted disease checks and the only needle in me in the last couple of years was them taking blood out of my body.  I guess it's good to know I don't have some life-ending, nasty disease tho!  No Hep C - I DID want to know that tho I didn't ask the doc to do it, just slipped my mind.  In fact, the only test I asked for was cholesterol since the family genetics has a predisposal to having high version of it.

No diabetes, other things she said that I couldn't understand - too noisy in the truck - but all of it was no and I was very happy to hear all of that.  Still kind of baffled me they did an HIV test. Is this normal for them now to do that?  All I asked for beyond cholesterol was any "age appropriate checks/tests".  

I'm going to revisit high cholesterol diet, I've been through this before but it was a long, long time ago. I remembered that red meats and pork is basically out the window.  I also remember eating a lot of salads, every day, for a long time.  I also remember having to eat low-fat everything.  My keto diet is probably going to go away for a while, I will likely switch it to a low carb diet, just not as low as keto demands.  People still lose weight on low-carb, you just don't have the added benefit of being in ketosis.  

But it's going to be a serious change for me as I have adapted to the keto diet to the point I don't even think about it anymore, just do it.  I have the next doc appointment in November, they will run another cholesterol test then to determine whether they want me to go on the meds for it.  Right now, I was informed to adjust my diet and get more exercise.  Adjusting the diet, yes, more exercise?  

I just got done with a very full day's work, I am tired and I don't have any desire to go walking around a truck stop parking lot. I really just want to go to sleep, but this cholesterol news got me to wanting to start searching out diet plans and lists of foods you can and cannot have.  I am going to do some serious research and get this right and not waste a lot of time eating the wrong foods or doing something that will have either no benefit or have ill effect without even knowing it.

The other thing that happened was the ATV repair shop called and said they were done with it - tho they said it needs a new battery. Yup, I knew that, it's been sitting for a couple of years and batteries don't last that long if the vehicle isn't being used - unless you are doing maintenance charging on it, which I wasn't.  I'm going to get it tomorrow afternoon and haul it over to the property.  I will leave it at the property, albeit in the back 15 acres hidden in the woods.  I'm going to ride it around back there and make sure it's running right.  And then I'll have to get off the thing and get some exercise lmao.

After that, Taylor says the 7 year old needs a bike.  There are a bunch of families living on our street now and kids riding bikes up and down the street, the 7 year old doesn't have one and was running up and down the street with them.  I can't imagine a child hood without a bicycle, I instantly said I would buy him one (she wasn't asking me to, I just volunteered to get him one) My childhood existence was spent on bicycles, I don't know about you, but I rode mine all over the city of Pittsburgh.  At a very young age - you know, back in the days when parents weren't afraid to let their kids roam the streets?  A lot of things have changed since those days.  

I have no idea what my work schedule over the weekend is going to be, but with my luck, it will probably be all weekend long including Memorial Day.  The only thing that will really work is if I get a run for Saturday and Sunday and get back in time for Memorial Day off.  I won't lose my mind and have meltdowns if I have to work all of it, it will be nothing new.  

If we get the bikes (the 5 year old is going to want one too) I am going to get a haircut and after that, over to Lowe's and get some things for the property and after that? Well the day well be over and I will be out of desire to do anything but go home and watch reruns of old western shows lol.  

Oh, well I will also want to print out whatever type of diet plan I can find for reducing cholesterol.  Foregone conclusion the family isn't going to want to be any part of that much of a restrictive diet, I'm going to be on my own on this one.  But I'd rather try to change my diet and get whatever exercise I can get in than start taking drugs.  I'm not a pill person, not at all.  I can envision eating out at Applebee's or Chili's on days I have no energy to cook. Both establishments have a nice salmon dish.  

I've texted the contractor several times today - with no reply .He hasn't even read them.  I don't know what the deal is with this guy, but tomorrow I'm going to blow up his phone with text after text until it shows he has read it and also replies.  

Okay fatigue really hit me just now.  It's midnight and it's past my bedtime.  I just can't leave here until 9 am, hence getting out the laptop.

G'nite. 

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...