Thursday, May 26, 2022

 Lol, my last post I apparently forgot to post. 

Oh well.

I've been sleeping nicely for the last several days, which is nothing short of miraculous for me, I must have got 9 hours of sleep last night.  

Back from Brownsville yesterday, off to Oklahoma today.  2 good runs in a row plus an Oklahoma on a pay period will mean a "normal" paycheck versus the crap I'm getting this week because of the games my dispatcher has been playing.  It wasn't exactly shocking to me to hear my manager telling me last week that she was caught playing favorites with certain drivers and shafting others.

Why did she do this? I have no idea, but if she tries giving me 3 oklahomas in a row, I'm just going to say something to my manager about it.  Now, there are times when I need those short runs, don't get me wrong, but I don't tell them that.  If I get one or two when I need them, great, if I don't, I don't say anything about it.  It's just hoping for a short run when I need one.

You know, if I start asking for short runs on any given day, that lady is going to just start dumping me with them and I do not want her to get that idea, period. 

Anyway, 2 days ago I went out with the 5 year old and I measured out all the lots.  I didn't mark the pads - yet - and I need to buy a lot more string, I want them plainly, clearly marked that they have no difficulty understand where I want what.  

It was actually much worse work than I thought. Namely because I had to keep trudging back and forth the entire 300 feet, many, many times over.  Plus the lots, back and forth on them.  I'd like to get him out there soon before the weeds start growing, I want to get grass down. 

On that note, I am having another person come out and clean up the front portion of the thing so I can get all of those weeds out there and plant grass seed.  I need grass, not a field full of weeds and junk trees, please.  When I get back tomorrow, I'm highly likely going to go to Lowe's buy several 50 pound bags of grass seed and go to the property and throw it all over where the trails are.

Same thing, I don't want weeds growing back there, either.  Either way about it -weeds or grass - I was going to have to maintain it.  No word on my 4 wheeler yet, today is Thursday, I'm going to give him until Monday - again - and call back - again - that will be 2 weeks in the shop.  We need our lawnmower back if nothing else - he hadn't even looked at that.  I won't start pestering him with calls until Monday. If he has nothing done on either of them by Monday, I will start calling him several times a week.  

I really don't understand what it is with people out here, but they are definitely on their own schedule.  I've run into others that have experienced that same thing, it's not just me.  But I really, reeeeeaaaaallllly, reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy need my 4 wheeler running and on the property, I have several chores I need it to do. In fact, if he says he can't get it running, I'm likely to buy another used one. If I can find someone that doesn't want a mint for one, tho. Everything is going up with inflation, including used vehicles of all sorts.  

I'm still scratching my head why I set the alarm so early. 8 am? for a 10:30 load?  Oh well, lol.  

The dude that's coming to do the front portion isn't going to be cheap - $750 - but he's using a rake on the entire portion of it and then he's bush hogging it.  He claims He'll get enough up to plant grass.  He comes very highly recommended from a lot of different people in the community.  I was quoted $350 just to bush hog it from another guy so I don't really think that's too far out of line.  I just don't want to waste it and have weeds growing up again.

The good part is whether there is weeds or grass, it will all be smoothed out - which it isn't now - and then I can just have it bush hogged if need be instead of all of this rake work.  We call them rippers, they are metal spines that stick down off a rack all in a row and they lower it into the dirt and drag it through all of the dirt and pull up the weeds, roots, tree remains, whatever is out there.  He said he would dump all of that junk into an already existent burn pile out there, left over from the tree removal operation.  

Basically, once this operation started, it needed to get going quickly.  I'm going to have to start texting the contractor again and get a date of when he's coming out. The rain is done and over with until into next week, let's get this thing going. Whatever he needs me to do, I'll get it done quickly and I really expect him to get out there quickly before all that dirt work they did turns into a jungle again.  This concerns me because obviously, all of this work isn't exactly cheap by any stretch of the imagination.  

My newest thoughts are a group campground and extra large lots in the front where it's sloped. Maybe 4 "premium" or "diamond" lots that have wired internet and 60 feet wide and add amenities that most people wouldn't get on a lot.  A dog run, a mini playground, the wired internet, whatever I can think of to make those lots worth more to justify the expense of leveling them out.  The group campground thing only came into play when the guy that did the mulching etched out a huge, 3 space lot all connected together along the trails.  I dunno, maybe a group of people or some sort of organization will want to use it? In the fall probably, lol, I'm not thinking the hot summer.  

I'm definitely going to get water back there somehow.  I prefer using that well water if it's going to be available, but that means running electricity to that well.  I dunno how they will feel about me running a wire underground over the top of their natural gas line.  It is likely I will just buy some long 4x4's, plant them vertically in the ground on either side of the easement and run the wire over it.  Just seems the only way to get around their pipeline and not have them getting all upset about it. The water line won't have to run across the pipeline, it's on the back side of the easement.  Having water back there would be a big plus, I think, for campers,. You may not need electricity or sewer lines for camping, but everyone brings water with them.  This would save people from having to lug it all the way back in there.  

Well, I'm leaving early for work. I want to drive by the property, take a look and let the dream continue, even if only in my mind, lol.

G'day

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...