Monday, January 23, 2023

Alright, the new tenant and the 2 week stay are paid up.  I kind of got a little uptight about the guy showing up this morning and not even contacting me to inform me he was there -after I asked him to please text me when he arrives and he agreed.  But,, this dude has an 80k 5th wheel with multiple slide outs and all kinds of features.  It was doubtful he wasn't going to pay.  He ended up paying cashapp, I don't care how they pay but if it's cash or cashapp or paypal, I don't have to pay a user fee.  Credit cards incur 2.3% processing fee.  

So, with that thought, I probably should change my rates a little.  If you can pay cash, cashapp or paypal, X rate, if using credit card, X rate plus 2.3% fee.  All of this I have done so far excepting 1, 1 night stay, has bypassed the campground software system since they called me and didn't want to use that system.  It's another $2 fee per reservation, I'll gladly take that.  

Now, just before the first month of being open ends, I need to get info of how much percentage tax to pay to the state and where to send it and how often I'm supposed to send it.  I'm going to search the internet first, if no info there, contact the state, if they can't or won't help (sometimes you'll be told they can't give you advice, tho I'm not looking for advice, I'm looking for factual information) then I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay for a conference with a certified accountant.  

And frankly, I don't want to do the yearly taxes.  I want an accountant to do that and I need to know what they require.  Now, not a year from now.  I don't have to pay any taxes for last year, I received no payments from anyone for any spaces.  It wasn't until the 2cd of this year before I got my first guest.  

The walking trails seem to have no appeal to anyone so far. Well, one couple said they went partially back on it but it was getting dark.  I actually don't care, I'd love to keep it private and just have it to take the dog back there, sometimes the boys want to go back as well.  But whatever, it's listed as an amenity, it's open and available, it's marked with signage to find the trail.  

I'm going to take a fire ring from one of the lots and put it back for the tent camping spot.  I want to open that one up.  And I still want to do boondocking option which is nothing more than making a space for an RV to park for cheap.  No amenities whatsoever - tho I would probably let them get water.  Well away from the park, a generator running all night long wouldn't bother any long term tenants.  It's not a lot of money, but it IS money.  I bet at a decent rate I could fill up the boondocking sites.  

Whatever the case, the bills are paid for the month.  What with the overnighters, the 2 week man and the 2 long term, I have everything covered.  I take that back, the bills I have assigned to the business checking account are paid.  There's still power and water to assign to it.  The month isn't over yet.  Still 8 days to go.  I can dream that more overnighters will show up or even another long term.  I still have one long term allegedly coming at the beginning of February and others that have expressed interest and even intent, but until they actually show up? It's nothing to me.  

And finally, I can count myself lucky that it is cool weather.  AC units aren't being used.  Heaters are - and in RV's that means propane gas.  Of course, people can be using space heaters and I wouldn't have any way of knowing that.  I can also be thankful that the 2cd long term unit is an itty bitty thing. Even in summer, it's not going to use the same amounts of energy as these giant units.  This is how they average out monthly use to $125 - $135 per month on a yearly average.  Not everyone has giant RV's with dual AC units.  Anyone trying to come in with 3 of them will incur a higher charge.  

I am also thankful that so far, I have had no problems with the new electrical system and the septic system seems to be working.  I guess? I haven't seen any water coming out of the aerators. I guess I should open the fitting to the nearest outlet and see if there is anything visible.......

It just dawned on my that the property I own a partial portion of has a house that was made out of railroad ties that is collapsed, caved in and useless. The other owners are not going to do anything with that junk, I need some of those ties for blocks! Free! Yayy!

No comments:

 Thursday - morning Just didn't sleep well again. I mean, I got some sleep just not quality sleep.   Got up a little later than normal f...