Monday, January 23, 2023

 Well, the solar lights were only $5.95 a piece, I bought enough to line the RV park driveway and some by the entrance.  I'll go over at night time and see how it looks. Might need a few more.  So far, the people coming and going haven't really been dumping that much trash in the 55 gallon can, so I am glad I didn't go for the dumpster yet.  That's another $165 per month that I don't need to spend until I have enough people in there to warrant one.

The man coming from out of town never contacted me. Instead, he showed up, chose a lot and set up his rig lol.  He wasn't home and so far he hasn't responded to my text. However, if he's already working, he probably can't text until a break. I'm not worried about it, tho I do want my money. That's $300 right there to add to the business coffers. 

My knee is feeling better today, not near as much pain, which I found odd because it was giving me trouble overnight.  I'll take it.  However, I forgot my boots and tho I go some other stuff done, I didn't get started on the driveway trench project. I'm not doing that in tennis shoes.  I'm undecided whether to go back or not.  I'm going to have to go back later to meet up with the other guy who already came in a few days ago - and hasn't paid yet.  

I hope to never have to use it, but Texas law gives me the right to immediately evict them out of the park.  Even to the point of calling a wrecker and the sheriff to have them physically removed.  Obviously, that is the final, last resort, but I have read about park owners that have been forced to go that route.  Some of those people are very strict about their rules and enforcement. I get why they are doing it, I sort of need time to get the right mind frame about all of this.

It's not like I've ever managed an RV park before...I wouldn't say I'm completely clueless having had rented out rooms in the house and having had to deal with people directly and throwing a few of them out after they got hostile. And court actions going both ways. I guess I probably need to learn Texas law about how to evict an rv long term - that's tenancy and falls under tenancy laws.  

Now, the dude staying for 2 weeks? He had his own railroad ties that he cut up and apparently had with him. I certainly didn't have any but it's a great idea.  I'm going to buy a couple and cut them into blocks. He has the wheels off the ground on one side, I"m going to ask him if he wants board to put under the tires as well - adds stability.  He has a giant 5th wheel, this thing is huge and has several slide outs.  I don't know what those things cost, but they look like a house on wheels, basically.  

I'm still feeling tired and sluggish. It's from not having slept all week and then finally, sleeping last night.  I may just take a nap instead of going back over there and then tomorrow morning, get with it.  Well, I mean, I do have to go back over there for money, that doesn't mean I have to work. And looking at the area around the sign on the street, it might not take too much to at least pull the weeds up out of that area and make it look nicer.  

I'm going to want a water line running over there, I eventually want to put in a garden type thing at the entrance.  Make everything look pretty and inviting.  It's all money and time.  Especially time, in having to dig down to the water line at the front of the park, cut it, install a T, put a piece of pipe in the T and then put a valve on it. Yup, means turning off the water as well.  If I have it all ready, the water only has to be off for maybe 30 minutes.  

I'd like to go ahead and get some flowers in by the sign if there is such a thing as winter flowering plants, otherwise, winter plants that look good sans the flowers. 

Yes, I'm good at loading myself down with projects. It will be endless.  It will probably take years to get the place to where I want it.  I'm not stressing it, one thing at a time.  

People asking me for business cards, so I'm having 100 of those made up.  I don't know why they want business cards, but I've been asked enough times for it that I'm going to get some. I just get online and find the person's business if I need their services.  

Yes, sitting down, fatigue hit me quite nicely.


No comments:

 Thursday - morning Just didn't sleep well again. I mean, I got some sleep just not quality sleep.   Got up a little later than normal f...